Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Give subscribers a Dilithium ore bonus? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=465521)

walshicus 11-28-2012 02:30 AM

Give subscribers a Dilithium ore bonus?
 
Just putting it out there, but personally I think that giving subscribers/lifetimers a 50% bonus to all Dilithium ore earned would solve a number of problems.

Players get more incentive to subscribe, those who already sub earn more Dilithium which has a greater chance feeding into the exchange, increasing the return on Zen sales for all players. Everybody wins!

lianthelia 11-28-2012 03:28 AM

50% is a bit high and just might make more f2p players quit rather than sub.

adrianm63 11-28-2012 03:34 AM

+50% to dilithium and - 100% to monthly stipend .

use those 500zen to get dilithium from exchange.

Problem solved.

walshicus 11-28-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 6823131)
50% is a bit high and just might make more f2p players quit rather than sub.

Why would you quit if your earning potential remained the same?

sparhawk 11-28-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walshicus (Post 6822741)
Just putting it out there, but personally I think that giving subscribers/lifetimers a 50% bonus to all Dilithium ore earned would solve a number of problems.

Players get more incentive to subscribe, those who already sub earn more Dilithium which has a greater chance feeding into the exchange, increasing the return on Zen sales for all players. Everybody wins!

It's an interesting suggestion, but I don't think Cryptic is actually trying to increase subscription numbers.

On the other hand Champions did add an veteran reward perk a while ago that doubled the refining limit on that games version of dilithium.

goltzhar 11-28-2012 03:51 AM

What would that solve?

The current dilithium cap and all the dilithium nerfs they have done so far is to TRY stabilize the in game economy, and if you just add a ton of dilithium again.... well they would have to go back to the drawing board and do another try.

When the economy stabilizes (if ever) then some change is gonna be made. But the recent changes need some time (2-3 years?) to take effect. So maybe 2015 :)

tribblequeen 11-28-2012 05:29 AM

While it would be nice, I think that 50% would be rather high personally. :cool: I'm content with the stipend we receive as it is.

zerobang 11-28-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walshicus (Post 6822741)
Just putting it out there, but personally I think that giving subscribers/lifetimers a 50% bonus to all Dilithium ore earned would solve a number of problems.

Players get more incentive to subscribe, those who already sub earn more Dilithium which has a greater chance feeding into the exchange, increasing the return on Zen sales for all players. Everybody wins!

Picard Voice: You will get NOTHING and you will like it!


Subscribers / Lifers already get 500 Zen per month "for free"
you can sell those 500 Zen for dilithium, there is your dilithium Bonus.

and that is all Cryptic is willing to give.

praxian2012 11-28-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerobang (Post 6824341)
Picard Voice: You will get NOTHING and you will like it!


Subscribers / Lifers already get 500 Zen per month "for free"
you can sell those 500 Zen for dilithium, there is your dilithium Bonus.

and that is all Cryptic is willing to give.

Probably 200% true. *nod nod nod*

scififan78 11-28-2012 06:27 AM

I don' think subs/lifers should get a 50% dilithium earning bonus. Instead, it should be 50-75% bonus to the refinement cap.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 PM.