Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   200,000 dilithium for these special projects???? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466131)

chaz200565 11-28-2012 03:25 PM

200,000 dilithium for these special projects????
 
200,000 dilithium for these special projects.

WAY OVERPRICED AND EXTORTIONATE. A TOTAL RIP OFF.

Devs this is no fun at all. Please stop ripping us off.

shadowwraith77 11-28-2012 03:32 PM

OMG than don't do the special projects, simple as that they're not a needed necessity.

starkaos 11-28-2012 03:33 PM

They are not supposed to be completed by one or two people. Its a fleet project so having 10 people contributing to it equally is only 20,000 dilithium per person or 3 days of refining at the cap of 8,000 dilithium per day.

verlaine11 11-28-2012 03:34 PM

Dont do them this time around, wait until they come around again as the Devs have said that they will look at the costs of them and that they maybe reduced in cost next time they get re-done

mirai222 11-28-2012 03:57 PM

The purpose of the special projects is to provide another method of getting fleet credits for members of large fleets. For a large fleet, getting fleet credits can be a real problem without those special projects. As an added benefit, the limited time projects add some decorations for the starbase.

trek21 11-28-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirai222 (Post 6833541)
The purpose of the special projects is to provide another method of getting fleet credits for members of large fleets. For a large fleet, getting fleet credits can be a real problem without those special projects. As an added benefit, the limited time projects add some decorations for the starbase.

^ This

That, and the fact they're meant to be a 'we're this powerful/rich that we can afford this' indicator ;) A way of showing off their Fleet's status... pure aesthetics like that don't require a function.

And they're not required by any means...

atomictiki 11-28-2012 04:09 PM

I'd love to see the number of large fleets compared to the number of small fleets. I'd imagine that the large fleets Cryptic caters to are outnumbered by small/med.

starkaos 11-28-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomictiki (Post 6833731)
I'd love to see the number of large fleets compared to the number of small fleets. I'd imagine that the large fleets Cryptic caters to are outnumbered by small/med.

Need to see the number of players in large fleets compared to the number of players in small/medium fleets. Of course, large fleets are outnumbered by small/medium fleets since you can have over 10 small/medium fleets with the same amount of people in a large fleet.

stoleviathan99 11-28-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 6834361)
Need to see the number of players in large fleets compared to the number of players in small/medium fleets. Of course, large fleets are outnumbered by small/medium fleets since you can have over 10 small/medium fleets with the same amount of people in a large fleet.

Prior to the fleet system, it sounded like they considered 30 players an average fleet and above 30 large.

However, based on Stahl's last interview, it sounds like large is now being defined as 100+.

kingdoxy 11-28-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 6833151)
They are not supposed to be completed by one or two people. Its a fleet project so having 10 people contributing to it equally is only 20,000 dilithium per person or 3 days of refining at the cap of 8,000 dilithium per day.

Cryptic actually said the "average" size of a fleet is 25 active players. If you're in a tiny fleet or have fleet mates that aren't very generous then you don't get these shinnys.

Consider them Trophy's that you don't need but make you feel better. I'm in a mega fleet and we've had zero problems getting all of these done.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 AM.