Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   What is going on at PWE ? (Bugs!) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466501)

gatsie7 11-28-2012 10:38 PM

What is going on at PWE ? (Bugs!)

I have encounterd so many bugs since season 7 was relased. I understand why they do niot want us to do the quickies for investigate officer reports but i can not even get a single mission to complete, yet when i play the game seems every now and then 1 auto completes. The doff screen is bugged , every time i start a doff mission the thing jumps back to the top avalible mission .wasn't this a problem in season 6 and didn't they fix it? When equipping my hypo's from inventory to my device slots after they have all been used now does not appear automaticly i have to open my avaliable abilty screen and re-equiop them, again was this mot a past problem that they fixed ? Seems to me that alot of old problems have come back. One can not help but to think are they being shallow and petty, is this all due to our response to the lash back we all gave about the dilithium scam ? I Love this game and uasually have no problem spending money on it but untill this s..t gets fixed no money shall be spent and my fleet members are in agreement with this.

Really all PWE would have to do to rest people worries is just state the facts . Most of us are resonable and would understand s..t happens codeing gets messed up but do you need to always keep us in the dark. The Loyal players want to KNOW what's UP!

dublinraider 11-28-2012 10:46 PM

PW isn't really to blame.
Sto updates/seasons are always really bugged since the start of this game and it takes them awhile to sort out the issues. :)
Its Cryptic :P

corgatag 11-28-2012 10:59 PM

Having watched the original episodes of STOked, I think there's always been long-running bugs.

The densely packed holidays at the end of the year probably doesn't help either (devs visiting their in-laws don't fix bugs).

chikahiro 11-28-2012 11:24 PM

Generally speaking, I've not played a MMO that didn't have a bunch of bugs that needed fixing post update. Best thing to do is report it in as much detail as possible, especially if you can duplicate it :/

ericphail 11-29-2012 11:52 AM

I'll add this bug here as I can't yet start threads and can't see a better place:

Investigate Officer Reports Daily:
Started this mission
Did one foundry mission (a Barcley Descendant Holodeck Thing)
Left it alone for a while
Did other things
At the 24h mark (or cooldown complete) it declared itself finished and gave reward even though it was at 1/3
Restarted the mission as I wanted reminder to try more foundry content
Started at 0/3, but moved to 1/3 without any foundry missions quite quickly.

Any Ideas?

paulyman 11-29-2012 04:12 PM

this game has always been buggy but this game has not always been owned by PWE. Cryptic however has always been responsible for QA and development... They may very well be who you should channel your anger and rage at. They are the ones pushing out content before it is ready and possibly intending to fix the bugs later but never really accomplishing that instead focusing on releasing new content with even more bugs in it.