Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Mountain Pass still Not completing (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=468321)

hippiejon 11-30-2012 10:28 AM

Mountain Pass still Not completing

Mountain Pass on New Romulus still broken and not completing when all Tal Shiar are dead despite patch notes that say this was fixed.

herbie1966 11-30-2012 10:49 AM

Same here...

Just tried it for a Fourth time...

Still broken.

:mad:

I'm not doing it again... the new Romulan crap isn't worth the bother.

pwebranflakes 11-30-2012 11:03 AM

Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

darkstarkirian 11-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6868031)
Quick question -- did you drop the mission and then re-take it before completing it? That may do the trick :) Let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But if he drops it, won't that start the 20 hour cooldown timer?

herbie1966 11-30-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm about to try this... Reluctantly...

The mission is no longer available... ?????

I'm standing at the correct spot but no prompt comes up.

pwebranflakes 11-30-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstarkirian (Post 6868211)
But if he drops it, won't that start the 20 hour cooldown timer?

If I'm not mistaken, CD timers on missions that you can pick up start from when you pick them up, not when you drop or complete it. Kind of like the dailies :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

pwebranflakes 11-30-2012 11:16 AM

[quote=pwebranflakes;6868291]If I'm not mistaken, CD timers on missions that you can pick up start from when you pick them up, not when you drop or complete it. Kind of like the dailies :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie1966 (Post 6868251)
I'm about to try this... Reluctantly...

Thanks! I'll be watching this thread to find out the result.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

herbie1966 11-30-2012 11:18 AM

So now I have to wait till tomorrow to try this again???

Wonderful....

I'd like to add a few other choice words... Cheers, NOT being one of them...

but what's the use....

The logic of time gating these completely escapes me.

It certainly DOES NOT create a feeling in this player of wishing to return to the game.

virusdancer 11-30-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

First try...will not complete.
Drop it.
Return to the guy...get it again.
Second try...completes.

edit: Not sure what the poster above means by having to wait to try it again. Was able to drop and get it again immediately (well, had to walk over to the guy).

kirisee 11-30-2012 11:30 AM

I haven't tried this mission since the Nov 30 patch, but i ran it across 12 toons (about 30 runs) last week and never had a problem completing it.

I might be wrong but i think people are just trying to do it too fast and missing doing each part correctly.

My only suggestion for this mission is the respawn area at the end needs to be moved further from the last fight area, the romulans can spawn camp the respawn point.