Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Lack of missions for romulan marks compared to omega marks? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=470121)

cptskeeteruk 12-01-2012 01:35 PM

Lack of missions for romulan marks compared to omega marks?

There are far too many missions that reward omega marks but not alot for romulan marks for space missions.

Also since kase has a scimitar in the mission as the end boss can this stf reward some romulan marks maybe instead of omega or a mix of the two, devs?

As i and probably many, dont really fancy doing ground for romulan marks and even tho new romulous is a nice place i really dont like doing ground stuff i.e do 10 things = x. So devs, any chance of more of the fleet actions like sb24 or whatever giving romulan marks instead of omega marks perhaps so their isnt a big gap between the two when obtaining them in space?

exorace25k 12-01-2012 01:37 PM

Every mission in the Tau Dewa sector is a space mission and the daily awards 60 marks, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

hypl 12-01-2012 01:51 PM

In terms of earning either mark, both reputations are almost balanced. Romulan has more variety when it comes to earning marks, whereas Omega just has Red Alerts, STFs, or Defera. However, you can earn Omega marks more efficiently just by doing STFs. More effort is required on the player's part to earn Romulan marks from the various sources available.

Funny thing is, I haven't played much of the Romulan content in the past week, but I have twice as many Romulan marks as Omega marks. Not sure how I got so many. :confused:

thratch1 12-01-2012 01:57 PM

I can do an easy run of ISE and get 75 Omega Marks in less than 15 minutes.

In the same amount of time, and with about the same amount of effort, I can get 18 Romulan Marks doing the Azure Nebula Rescue mission. (Anything above the 18 in that mission gets turned into Fleet Marks.)

That's the real issue here, I think. The Romulan space mission rewards need to be more on par with ISE.

conundrumnsa 12-01-2012 02:05 PM

Earning Omega marks doesn't feel as much like a grind because other "good" things come from the sources.

Earning romulan marks you know all you're going to get is the marks...it feels like going to work.

shmn 12-01-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 6886811)
I can do an easy run of ISE and get 75 Omega Marks in less than 15 minutes.

In the same amount of time, and with about the same amount of effort, I can get 18 Romulan Marks doing the Azure Nebula Rescue mission. (Anything above the 18 in that mission gets turned into Fleet Marks.)

That's the real issue here, I think. The Romulan space mission rewards need to be more on par with ISE.

Not to mention you are forfeiting the 960 dil, the newly introduced extra reward of up to 11 neural processors and loot drop (that has a good chance of containing very rare Mk XII).

Some new elite space instances for romulans would be groovy.

kyeto13 12-01-2012 02:11 PM

It's balanced. Run around on New Rom for an hour, fly around Tau Dewa for an hour, you can rack up several hundred Romulan marks.

Omega: Shoot Borg, and more Borg, and more Borg. And even more Borg....

duaths1 12-01-2012 04:17 PM

shameless bump! add some loot bags and dillithium to Romulan Fleet Actions and daily patrol missions!!

and PLEASE fix these alarms, i didn't even get to play one since S7 launch, all were bugged!

issueman1 12-01-2012 08:23 PM

Romulan marks need increased

on average 20 marks... the zero point console requires 500 marks....

starkaos 12-01-2012 08:46 PM

Seems easier to get Romulan Marks for less work than Omega Marks with the Epohh Trade in system. Spend a couple of minutes tagging epohhs, do duty officer assignment for 5 research, then run 3 assignments that each take a day to complete to raise epohh, then trade in epohh for 400 Romulan Marks. Can get 400 Omega Marks in 5 days for less than 5 minutes work provided your Epohh Research assignment crits twice. Otherwise it can take about 2 weeks if you don't team for tagging and are extremely unlucky with crits.