Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Silenced? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=471931)

younghustler 12-03-2012 08:22 AM

Silenced?

I don't really know where to put this, but I got silenced for saying, "I was in Bell's fleet once, I took all the mirror universe ships from his bank." He's my friend, and we were messing around, we were both laughing and having a good time, then I can't talk anymore? WTF? YOU'RE GMs ARE ****ING ABUSING THEIR POWERS. **** YOU CRYPTIC, AND **** ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU. UN SILENCE ME ***** ASS MOTHER ****ERS.

herbie1966 12-03-2012 08:25 AM

Perhaps your colorful language was the problem and not the conversation itself?

reyan01 12-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by younghustler (Post 6906701)
I don't really know where to put this, but I got silenced for saying, "I was in Bell's fleet once, I took all the mirror universe ships from his bank." He's my friend, and we were messing around, we were both laughing and having a good time, then I can't talk anymore? WTF? YOU'RE GMs ARE ****ING ABUSING THEIR POWERS. **** YOU CRYPTIC, AND **** ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU. UN SILENCE ME ***** ASS MOTHER ****ERS.

Hmm - to be honest, if I were a moderator I wouldn't feel even the slightest inclination to deal with this. If anything you deserve to be silenced here, on the forums, as well.

And frankly, it's entirely possible that this is NOTHING to do with the GM's - if enough people 'ignore' you (easy to believe under the circumstances) the end result is... silenced.

younghustler 12-03-2012 08:39 AM

damn, my post got censored baaad. raging aside, ive never met a person in STO whod wanna ignore me, not even playing. just un silence me, i didnt do anything wrong.

kobayashlmaru 12-03-2012 08:43 AM

Were you in zone/local chat or in a private channel? If you said something like that in a public chat people will think you are a bank thief, and likely reported you.

Moreover, I doubt any GM took part in this. Your anger is misguided, and honestly concerning.

reyan01 12-03-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by younghustler (Post 6907001)
damn, my post got censored baaad. raging aside, ive never met a person in STO whod wanna ignore me, not even playing. just un silence me, i didnt do anything wrong.

Hardly surprising - not sure that what you posted counts as 'rage' - more of a meltdown with OTT insults really.

Anyway - firstly, the 'silence' usually only lasts 60 minutes as I understand it. As for never meeting anyone who'd want to ignore you - neither have I, but always a first time for everything and frankly, you shouldn't really be surprised that you've encountered someone who either didn't agree with, or didn't like, what you said. I'm afraid that's just life.

zorbane 12-03-2012 09:17 AM

Welcome to the Foundry Forums

sollvax 12-03-2012 09:22 AM

You confessed to a "Crime" indeed a crime most players would blow you out of an airlock for

Bank theft
Thats right up there with AFK in an Elite Stf ,Flash driving and Genocide

younghustler 12-03-2012 09:24 AM

It was a joke, in zone, at the end of the statement, i put "lol, jk"... so silenced? O.o

sollvax 12-03-2012 09:26 AM

"Why did kirk cross the road?? because no one had been before"
is a joke