DOFFs we wouldn't mind having, or not having.
To start, yes this is about DOFFs, but more in a PvPing mindset, not so much just general DOFFing, so please don't move this thread.
There's of course been plenty, and you all know this, PLENTY of talk about SNB DOFFs. This isn't so much about them, but what kinds of DOFFs we all might want to see, or not see, in general.
May not change much, but if we can at least put a bit here and hopefully decide on some we might or might not wanna have in the game.
DOFFs I don't mind seeing:
1. More non-combat DOFFs. The Consultants are an excellent example of this. They give a constant bonus to gaining a certain type of XP. I doubt anyone will ever post that they are OP.
2. Purely PvE DOFFs. The best (even if you can get them by the gross) is the Warfare Specialists. Those only affect PvE related stuff, not even a lick of PvP worry with those.
3. Simpler DOFFs. As in, DOFFs that have a simpler effect. Most CD reducing DOFFs are pretty good and in this category. Like TT Conn Officers for example. The Attack Pattern DOFFs are a little too good IMHO, but still only affect a few abilities.
4. DOFFs that make lesser-used/bad abilities more worth using. A more recent example is the Aceton Beam DOFF. That makes Aceton Beam better, even with it's stupid-long cooldown.
DOFFs I DON'T want to see at all:
1. Captain-power type DOFFs. SNB DOFFs are the biggest example here. A DOFF that is essentially allowing a player to use the captain power of their, or another class' power, is extremely, EXTREMELY powerful.
Actually that's all I got for now.
I think they need to add doffs that have career specific powers.
For instance, they could add a doff that when you take damage has a 1% chance at Miracle Worker and another doff that when you move forward it has a 1% chance at activating Attack Patern Alpha. Better yet, they could add a doff that has a 1% chance at activating Subnucleonic Beam when you fire energy weapons.
I'd like to see a DoFF that improves the quality of security officers that get beamed down. As it stands their awful. One Borg AoE attack sends however many you beam down in the latest batch to fall to the floor and get beamed out, these red shirted men & women should be starfleet quality, trained to fight the Federations enemies. Right now their crap.
Let me beam down a bunch of MACO or Omega troops. Hell, gimme some scary space ninjas.
It's all very well running some STFs with 5 tacs, and being able to chain Tac Initiative to spew out Security Team, but I'd rather have quality over quantity.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 AM.|