Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Annoying missions to play as a KDF Cap! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=472761)

coldicephoenix 12-04-2012 12:55 AM

Annoying missions to play as a KDF Cap!

Care to share what you think is pretty annoying to run as a KDF capn or ones that dont make any sense?

Here's mine:
1. In Night of the Comet: Making Cassidy a nerve tonic :confused:. WHAT? IM A WARRIOR. I SMASH, NOT BARTEND!! Oh for the record, I hate this one as Fed cap as well :p
2. New-world building with the Romulans :eek:
3. Second wave: My Klingon tac capn having to listen to a Gorn about Klingon Honor :P
4. Boldly they Rode (I think): My BOff getting all excited that the Enterprise showed up! The scumbag.. :mad:

trek21 12-04-2012 01:02 AM

Well in all fairness, both the FE's and the Reputation system were build to be shared between us and the Feds, so of course we're suddenly doing things that don't make any sense... I'm not saying I like it, but that's how it worked out.

The missions that were pure KDF though, are more in-line with a warrior society :D

patrickngo 12-04-2012 01:10 AM

The missions in the "Undine Advance" storyline.

ALL of them.

while it's definitely a "Solution" to the plot from a FED perspective, from a KDF perspective, it's utter rubbish-we lost more because of the Undine infiltrations than we would EVER be willing to consider forgiving.

Likewise, the blog-post justification for KDF participation in "New Romulus" is, put nicely, insufficient, to the point of raising questions about the loyalty of Ja'rod to the Klingon Empire, and if not his loyalty, then his sanity.

connectamabob 12-04-2012 03:08 AM

New Romulus I can kinda see actually. I think back to The Trouble with Tribbles and think "they'd be surly as hell the whole way, but they'd do it just to ensure a presence".

The others are spot on and hilarious though. My Fed toon is an Andorian, and so wouldn't likely have any more truck with that nerve tonic faffery than my Klingon.

Hell, even as a human, I'd probably be all "Are you effing kidding me? We're in the middle a crisis! Here, here's a shot of tequila. I don't care if it burns both ways: drink it, straighten up, and get your ass in gear!"

revanantmorituri 12-04-2012 10:04 AM

My Orion (semi-retired slaver) captain was looking at Nerve Tonic Girl and thinking "Are the air-scrubbers turned up to overdrive? Because my pheromones should certainly be motivating this human more than I'm seeing!"

bitemepwe 12-04-2012 10:08 AM

YES!! The poor KDF factional feel is missing in many cross-faction missions. They don;t have to change the missions per5se just make the put a "KDF-esque" option so the mood is not ruined by " I did a fed thing again" sort of options.

makes me feel dirty in a unfun dirty way.

purvee1 12-04-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revanantmorituri (Post 6924211)
My Orion (semi-retired slaver) captain was looking at Nerve Tonic Girl and thinking "Are the air-scrubbers turned up to overdrive? Because my pheromones should certainly be motivating this human more than I'm seeing!"

Yeah had that with my Orion (there again there's that fed Captain you have ot beat up in one of the KDF missions).
Equally my 8Ft Gorn was thinking "I have a bite option and all her kit is laid out on the table next to her".

I always think that I'm not mixing a Nerve tonic, but a nerve toxin.

dirlettia 12-04-2012 10:52 AM

Could be worse, at least we dont actually 'have' to rescue the Defari and can just execute them all instead.

purvee1 12-04-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirlettia (Post 6925211)
Could be worse, at least we dont actually 'have' to rescue the Defari and can just execute them all instead.

+Shi'mar to Unidentfied Vessel, Help! we've all got the sniffles. Please send Lemsip!+
KDF: Boom! Saucershot!

:D

vitzh 12-04-2012 11:52 AM

I'd say all as I only PvP to rank up.... None of the missions I really feel to be honest I want to play with friends, only time I do is just to get through them quicker.