Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Running a fleet with just you and your doffs only. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=472991)

chaz200565 12-04-2012 07:06 AM

Running a fleet with just you and your doffs only.

If it were possible,would you run a fleet with just you and doffs only??????
Personally yes i would. would you?????

atomictiki 12-04-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz200565 (Post 6922151)
If it were possible,would you run a fleet with just you and doffs only??????
Personally yes i would. would you?????

It was possible before Season 7.

hevach 12-04-2012 08:02 AM

It's still possible. Takes a network of alts to generate all the dilithium in a reasonable timeframe (doffs aren't so bad now, as all inputs are common, doff splitting is still free, and you'll generate far, far more fleet credits than you'll use, letting you burn most of them in fleet doffs to pump back into the base - thanks to your huge surplus in fleet credits, doffs are honestly less of a problem for a solo fleet than a mid sized fleet that's actually buying lots of provisions). Fleet credits rapidly become the limiting factor on upgrades.

It's expensive, and don't count on any hope of seeing a tier 5 starbase. A tier 3 embassy should be attainable - there are a handful of solo starbases at tier 3, and the embassy is cheaper.

duaths1 12-04-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 6922581)
It's still possible. Takes a network of alts to generate all the dilithium in a reasonable timeframe (doffs aren't so bad now, as all inputs are common, doff splitting is still free, and you'll generate far, far more fleet credits than you'll use, letting you burn most of them in fleet doffs to pump back into the base - thanks to your huge surplus in fleet credits, doffs are honestly less of a problem for a solo fleet than a mid sized fleet that's actually buying lots of provisions). Fleet credits rapidly become the limiting factor on upgrades.

It's expensive, and don't count on any hope of seeing a tier 5 starbase. A tier 3 embassy should be attainable - there are a handful of solo starbases at tier 3, and the embassy is cheaper.

how do you get the required Fleet Marks after the last update?

pennyprimrose 12-04-2012 09:00 AM

Something like this is probably coming before the middle of 2013. It will more than likely be in the form of "Shipboard Reputation." I think it will be pretty interesting and possible set up the possibility for allow you to assign specific roles to bridge officers - ie: Chief Medical, Chief Engineer, etc

atomictiki 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 6922581)

I really didn't see anything worthwhile in the embassy for a small/solo fleet, it seems more like a total vanity project for large fleets.

hypl 12-04-2012 09:17 AM

Oh, a person should be able to reach Tier 5 on their own.

...In about a few years, give or take.

eulifdavis 12-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomictiki (Post 6923351)
I really didn't see anything worthwhile in the embassy for a small/solo fleet, it seems more like a total vanity project for large fleets.

So alternate kits are of no interest to you? I've been wanting to combine various abilities from different kits together, so I'm rather hoping these will have something along the lines of what I really want to use.

What about the Romulan and Reman sets? Those don't interest you at all?

How about the new plasma weapons? Plasma isn't nearly as poor as people make it out to be!

Everything I mentioned above hardly qualifies as "vanity".

sollvax 12-04-2012 10:06 AM

Yes you can (I do )

Some people run alt fleets in my case Scicom and KSD
Its slower and getting marks is a pain

But not much slower and no one can rob the bank

suprcheese 12-04-2012 10:12 AM

No, that would be silly.