Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Tor Khat wings need to move!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=473551)

spike6942 12-04-2012 04:15 PM

Tor Khat wings need to move!!!

if you cloak up then move the camera to the undercarriage you can see the rod/pivot point for the wings

I would LOVE to see them work!!! Who's with me!!!!

hereticknight085 12-04-2012 04:34 PM

No...

It's not a BoP. Those aren't pivot points those are attachment rings... It's basically a refit on a Vor'Cha, and like it's original, it's a fixed wing warship...

lostusthorn 12-04-2012 04:57 PM

Not even no, but hell no.
All these transforming, moving stuff is a disease that should never been invented in the first place.

spike6942 12-04-2012 05:03 PM

no, its not a fixed wing ship those arent rings, its a rod going the entire length of the wing, it has three distinct wings not connected to each other. did you even look at it?

wunjee 12-04-2012 05:56 PM

I noticed that too. The wing roots are rounded and it's got a round spar that runs the entire chord of the wing's root. To me, that'd suggest that it should have some degree of movement.

Whether it does or not, doesn't matter. I actually like the way it looks fixed in the upward position.

Quote:

All these transforming, moving stuff is a disease that should never been invented in the first place.
So I guess the modeling team that designed the original B'Rel should never have given it moving wings?

hereticknight085 12-04-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike6942 (Post 6932161)
no, its not a fixed wing ship those arent rings, its a rod going the entire length of the wing, it has three distinct wings not connected to each other. did you even look at it?

Considering I've flown one for the past two months, yeah, I'd say I've gotten a pretty good look at my ship. And it still doesn't change the fact that it's a Vor'Cha. Which is a fixed wing warship.

Also, have you ever seen an F4U Corsair? It's a WW2 aircraft, prop driven, fixed wing. It has what are called "gull wings", wings that are angled downward then upward. If you look carefully at the Tor'Kaht from the front and the back, straight down the hull, you will see that the wings connect to the main hull, and follow that same wing pattern.

wunjee 12-04-2012 07:58 PM

Corsair also had folding wings.

Just sayin'...

Generally things that're fixed don't have a pivot-point and rounded edges.

hereticknight085 12-04-2012 08:10 PM

Did they move while the thing was flying? No. And all fixed wing aircraft during that era and after had folding wings so they could be stored more easily. And last I checked, nobody was storing a Tor'Kaht mid flight/fight.

spike6942 12-04-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 6933731)
Did they move while the thing was flying? No. And all fixed wing aircraft during that era and after had folding wings so they could be stored more easily. And last I checked, nobody was storing a Tor'Kaht mid flight/fight.

so why even have the pivot point on there at all?

assassinsangel 12-04-2012 08:51 PM

ok, im with spike on this one for sure! i used to play star trek armada 2 alot, they had the tor'kaht in that game and the wings did move. it may be a refit of the vor'cha but it is supposed to have that feature, but in STO, they left it out!