Can someone give me a good Dkora setup?
Going to be buying one by the weekend for my Eng, so I was looking for some suggestions/tips. I know weapons wise I was thinking of opening some of the polarized disruptor weapon packs and hoping for some cannons, or worst case, beams. Also, having 600+ lobi, is the full Ferengi set worth it? Or at least, hows the missile launcher?
I'd be glad to help. I have a D'kora (on an engineer), with the full Ferengi set.
1. You can choose either a standard cruiser build on this, or you can use DHCs and turrets. If you have points in Impulse Thrusters, and use the Battle Mode of the D'kora (on the console it comes with) you will be able to make DHCs work quite well.
2. The set bonuses are all non-combat, so only the pieces themselves are what can be useful. Of the three, the console is generally considered the best. The missiles can be nice, but while they are 180 degree firing arc and shoot very quickly, they do VERY little damage. It can also only be placed on the front of your ship. The mines are good as well, but just know that due to the limited tactical slots on the D'kora, they cannot be used with as many mine buffs compared to a normal escort.
Basically, only as worth it as you really wanna spend 600 lobi on.
3. Using Battle Mode really is vitally important. That turns the slow, 'basically a cruiser' D'kora into 'very escort like' in it's turning. You aren't going to out turn Defiants, but it can help a lot.
4. The two abilities on the D'kora console aren't bad. The Swarm Missiles can be nice for a bit of spike damage against bare hull. EMP Burst is much more of a PvP ability (or rather has greater usage in there), but can be nice still in PvE by reducing power levels and such for a bit.
5. As for other equipment, like shield/engine/deflector and consoles, that is up to you. Same applies for BOFF layout, depends on what you wanna do.
I have been lusting after a D'Kora since I became addicted to Tech Doffs, so this is only theory, but here's what I would do.
I would put a tac in it. Sorry, I would.
EPTS1, Aux2Batt1, DEM2, EWP3
TT1, CRF1 (or CSV), APO1
Tech Doffsx3, EPTA doff, DEM doff or EWP doff or battery cd doff.
Switch DEM2 for RSP2 and it will come up every minute.
Switch TSS for TB if you do that, probably, for more CC.
PM me in game if you are considering this kind of build and I'll go into greater detail about tech doffs and the D'kora.
Any other suggestions from those who fly Dkoras?
Polarized Disruptors DHC's in the front, which are fairly cheap on the exch.
Swap a Quant Torp in an out depending on need.
Disruptor Turrets and Tricobalt Mine launcher (sometimes swap for a 4th turret)
Omega Force Deflector and Shield (tetryon glider proc plus targeting boost)
Fleet Motor (turnx3)
(2) RCS Consoles, Ferengi Battle Console, armor console of your choice
(2) Shield Generators, Shield Regen
(3) Disruptor consoles
EPtS, EPtS, Aux2Si, EJWP
TT, CSV, CSV
I am going off memory for my boff skills but general idea. You can DPS and Tank in PVE with it; throw heals as well. You will not win turning battles with it against escorts, but it is still fun. Then you factor in the Bridge with the Exch, Bank, Mail, and Daboo right there.... you have a winner!
What about the Ferengi set? The missiles, tachyon mines, etc?
Fore: 3 dual beams, 1 quantum torpedo
Aft: 3 turrets, 1 photon mine launcher
Torpedo spread 1, Attack pattern beta 1, Beam fire at will 3
Tactical team 1
Engineering team 1, Extend shields 1, Emergency power to shields 3, Auxiliary to structural 3
Emergency power to weapons 1, Reverse shield polarity 1
Hazard emitters 1, Transfer shield strength 2
Energy weapons officers * 3 (beam special attacks)
Conn officer (tactical team cooldown)
Maintenance engineer (engineer team cooldown)
Neutronium * 2, Monotanium * 1, RCS * 1
Battle Module 3000, Assimilated console, Shield emitter array
Energy damage * 3 (disruptor coils for me)
No doubt eyebrows will be raised, but I'm quite happy with this. You could swing it further toward durability by dropping that Extend Shields, but I like the team support aspect.
Absolutely not. It is too **** funny when someone jumps in with a bad Dkora build anywhere they can be shot at by other players. :D
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.|