Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleet Marks (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=475441)

duaths1 12-06-2012 07:20 AM

Fleet Marks

everything shiny, thank you for the updates, but PLEASE, do something with the Fleet Marks!

it is a pain to wait for hours in the KDF queue, and noteverybody has his DOFF's maxed to tier 4.
new players should also be able to contribute them effectively.

give us other opportunities - star base "officer on the watch" daily should give at least 50, on the embassy there should be another 50 available.. that would at least be a reasonable amount (you need 5k fleet marks fome some projects..)!

thank you

btw - i didn't get into the "Breaking the planet" daily ONCE in the last week!

curs0r 12-06-2012 07:25 AM

/sign

Absolutely agree with this

l0cutus359 12-06-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duaths1 (Post 6957371)
everything shiny, thank you for the updates, but PLEASE, do something with the Fleet Marks!

it is a pain to wait for hours in the KDF queue, and nor everybody has his DOFF's maxed to tier 4.

give us other opportunities - star base officer on the watch daily should give at least 50, on the embassy there should be another 50 available.. that would at least be a reasonable amount (you need 5k fleet marks fome some projects..)!

thank you

Agreed or just have plain marks.....I have bucket loads of Omega Marks that I can't use.

another idea, allow me to turn Fleet Credits into Marks (with a reduction penalty of course)

plus this one, get rid of the Fleet Mark Bonus hours and just make it permanent. I dont bother to run those missions unless it is the bonus hours, payout is too small otherwise.

Thx
Locutus

eisenw0lf 12-06-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duaths1 (Post 6957371)

Yes, how very nice of them to give us a fleet marks daily which requires 20 players while they should certainly know that even the 5 person fleet actions rarely start on KDF side. I don't even bother queueing anymore, just doing commendation reports.

sollvax 12-06-2012 07:55 AM

What the klingons need is a 1 player Fleet mark event (granting the same marks as the multi player ones)

phyrexianhero 12-06-2012 08:07 AM

The fleet mark grind right now is more painful than the dilithium one, even with the fleet action dailies. Projects get extremely expensive at higher tiers, like the 24000 Fleet Marks for the Tier 4 starbase upgrade.

I'd definitely support a boost to the Officer of the Watch (Daily) missions since they don't give dilithium and can only be done by those in a fleet, and encourages people to go to the starbase and embassy.

duaths1 12-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrexianhero (Post 6957951)
The fleet mark grind right now is more painful than the dilithium one, even with the fleet action dailies. .

dailies

you mean the "Breaking the Planet" and "Federation Minefield"

i am able to do Fed Minefield, BUT, 5 of my 6 maxed KDF toons ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE THE "DAILY" Fed. Minefield mission, because it does not show up in the "available missions"!!!

So i can have the 960 Dill and drops, but no marks!

I wrote a ticket about it some days ago - still no response.. anybody knows what i should do?
Or am i just assuming something that is not functioning that way?

cmdrscarlet 12-06-2012 09:31 AM

I agree that Fleet Marks should have more avenues to acquire.

In my opinion, it's too easy to level up in the game. Skill point acquisition is simply too easy. What I would recommend is earning Fleet Marks through regular game play in exchange for skill points with the base criteria being you must be in a Fleet to be able to earn Fleet Credit.

FC is earned only as a completion to missions (not just shooting stuff like skill points are currently earned). You would still earn SP, just not as much because you are ALSO earning FC. The FC could then be "sold" only at your starbase for Fleet Marks, which could then be donated toward the fleet project.

So, naturally, you would have to "unlock" the ability to exchange FC for FM at the base. This could be a Tier 2 project - first you must earn the exchange privelidge through the sweat and tears of effort. After that the exchange rate doesn't have to be 1:1 either, but at ... 100:1 - FC:FM.

This would get people to play content designed to get you into space or on the ground. DOffing would be excluded BUT certain DOff assignments would reward FM directly by nature of the assignment. Naturally, DOff assignments from the Starbase dirctly would always have FM as a reward.

This may slow the SP acquisition through missions, but any other method of SP gain would remain intact. And of course, all current avenues of FM gain would be in place as well.

I will say this, the Officer of the Watch daily provides a pitance of FM even if the mission are rediculously easy. Raising the number would have me flying to the Starbase more often. Then again, if Cryptic were to increase FM gain through another method like above, then the OotW daily could stay the same.

phyrexianhero 12-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duaths1 (Post 6959191)
dailies

you mean the "Breaking the Planet" and "Federation Minefield"

i am able to do Fed Minefield, BUT, 5 of my 6 maxed KDF toons ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE THE "DAILY" Fed. Minefield mission, because it does not show up in the "available missions"!!!

So i can have the 960 Dill and drops, but no marks!

I wrote a ticket about it some days ago - still no response.. anybody knows what i should do?
Or am i just assuming something that is not functioning that way?

This appears to be working as intended.

There is only *one* fleet action that is a daily on each faction. For Feds it could be Klingon Scout Force, Big Dig, or Gorn Minefield. It's chosen randomly each day and you may go several days without seeing your favorite. For KDF it's Fed Minefield, Breaking the Planet, and Big Dig.

duaths1 12-06-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrexianhero (Post 6959741)
This appears to be working as intended.

There is only *one* fleet action that is a daily on each faction. For Feds it could be Klingon Scout Force, Big Dig, or Gorn Minefield. It's chosen randomly each day and you may go several days without seeing your favorite. For KDF it's Fed Minefield, Breaking the Planet, and Big Dig.

thank you for clarifying this for me!