Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ask Cryptic: December 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=475991)

pwebranflakes 12-06-2012 01:13 PM

Ask Cryptic: December 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

starcommando101 12-06-2012 01:15 PM

Any news on the Dreadnought getting a fleet version or Saucer Separation?

Any news on the new PvP Tech that was being worked on with Season 7-9?

russell1997 12-06-2012 01:17 PM

Will there be a better way to get Purple Mk XII ship tactical energy consoles? Like Antiproton mag regulator, Phaser Relay, disruptor induction coil, and ect...

josephdridgeway 12-06-2012 01:17 PM

What is the status of the much-touted, long-awaited First Officer system?

hanover2 12-06-2012 01:18 PM

Server connection stability issues.

russell1997 12-06-2012 01:18 PM

There was talk (I guess about a year ago) about action figures of our characters and maybe some other merchandising. Are there still any plans to do this?

sumghai 12-06-2012 01:20 PM

1) Will we see more BOff species in the future, such as the possible addition of tri-career Reman BOffs to the New Romulus Fleet Embassy stores, or Cardassians?

2) Are there plans to make the standard range of Starfleet and KDF uniforms available to the special rewards BOffs? (e.g. Romulan, Reman, Breen, Jem'hadar)

3) What plans does Cryptic have regarding functional and customisable ship interiors, including canon ones (e.g. Intrepid for Voyager), as per the following discussion?

4) Will Cryptic consider allowing players to pay for reconfiguring their BOff station slots for their ships?

5) Will we be able to get additional BOff costume slots?

drogyn1701 12-06-2012 01:21 PM

1) Thank you for adding the Temporal ships to the Foundry. Many authors agree that we are desperately in need of new assets. Are there any plans to designate someone to put in a lot of the missing assets or ones that have been recently created for new content? Also, what do you you think of the Assets Friday idea. Where someone tags an asset for the Foundry and releases it each Friday. It?s a way for us to get some new assets added and not take up much dev time.

2) How do you respond to some of the recent player criticism of the Foundry. Specifically that the dilithium grind makes the Foundry a ?waste of time? (quoting other players here, not my own attitude at all), and that the Foundry is a way to make players do the job the devs should be doing.

3) Setting assets aside, what new improvements do you expect to be putting into the Foundry? For example, will we ever be able to set the size of an away team or dictate that players can, say, only use melee weapons on a map or change the beam-out/warp-out transitions on a per-map basis?

4) There is a lot of concern over the in-game Foundry UI. For instance, players complain about not being able to narrow their search enough should they feel like playing, for example, a 45-minute mission with Romulan enemies that starts near their current location that contains only space combat. Authors complain that they can get anonymous 1-star reviews from people who have never even completed the mission, and said rating will knock them far, far down the list where they will never get any other plays. Can we expect any updates to that in the near future?

5) The changing of the Foundry wrapper quest has generated a lot of controversy. Can you share with us why that decision was made, what are the goals behind it, and can we expect any further changes, say, toward the reward system in Neverwinter?

6) Tholians in the Foundry?. please?? :)

ildw 12-06-2012 01:22 PM

Are there any plans to overhaul the exclusive items that players got for pre-ordering the game, from a low level, starter equipment to a level
scaling equipment, e.g. The TR-116A Rifle, Multi-Spatial Personal Shield, Chromodynamic Armor etc.
And if you do plan on overhauling the items, would you consider redesigning the TR-116A Rifle so that it looks more similar to the one shown in DS9.
Also are there any chance that the TR-116A Rifle will be coming to the Z-Store?

mattmiracle 12-06-2012 01:23 PM

Questions for Dan

• When will we see the "Refer a Friend" back? [in case Brandon missed that question on Deck 8]
  • When are the starbase and embassy "special projects" going to be repeated? It is hard enough to gather 200, 000 dilithium for one in a small fleet.

Now more serious questions (j/k :) )
  • When can we have joined Trills that look like Odan from "The Host"
  • Why are your thoughts on the teaser trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness"?
  • Why does my chef always burn my eggs? I keep changing him out with different Chets (DOFFs) but my eggs always taste like carbon and charcoal.