Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   To Cryptic - Frosted Boots (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=476681)

azurianstar 12-06-2012 11:24 PM

To Cryptic - Frosted Boots
 
First, thanks for taking off the timer. :D


But you should know that the tool tip still lists the old "30 Hour" time limit. :P

voicesdark 12-06-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 6972681)
First, thanks for taking off the timer. :D


But you should know that the tool tip still lists the old "30 Hour" time limit. :P

funny thing is when the event first started the tool tip was right, then it reverted to the old one

toiva 12-07-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voicesdark (Post 6972731)
funny thing is when the event first started the tool tip was right, then it reverted to the old one

Unpleasant. Please, don't make it time-restrained. I want these boots for the rest of the time I play.

tomasd1988 12-07-2012 12:14 PM

I would also like to know that. Is it just error in the description or they really can be used only for 30 hours. I wonder, since in the S7 dev blog #26 it is stated they will no timer.

"Frosted Boots: Additional animations have been added while skating on Q?s frozen lake while you have these active. They will also no longer possess expiration timers, and can be used indefinitely once purchased."

voicesdark 12-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomasd1988 (Post 6980491)
I would also like to know that. Is it just error in the description or they really can be used only for 30 hours. I wonder, since in the S7 dev blog #26 it is stated they will no timer.

"Frosted Boots: Additional animations have been added while skating on Q?s frozen lake while you have these active. They will also no longer possess expiration timers, and can be used indefinitely once purchased."

Borticus was on for quite a while yesterday both when the event first started and later on. He DID state several times that the Frost Boots ARE permanent and that it was a glitch in the tool tip.

HOWEVER,
The Skating animation is only on the frozen lake and only as long as the event is going on.

starkaos 12-07-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voicesdark (Post 6980861)
The Skating animation is only on the frozen lake and only as long as the event is going on.

Same with the animated snowmen. Can still build a snowman in July, but it won't follow you around.

maddog0000doom 12-07-2012 12:58 PM

also could the boots be changed so they work in combat

majortiraomega 12-07-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog0000doom (Post 6981271)
also could the boots be changed so they work in combat

Could you imagine PvP ground and everyone with ice boots? And with the new fire team kit tactical officers have motion accelerator on fire team. Players would move so fast that it would be impossible to target them.

Now PvE...I tested this ability in KAGE yesterday. Even though they disable in combat, I found them very effective. Use the boots to slide behind the borg mob and lay a archwave in their backs. If cryptic could disable the boots in PvP, I would be all for keeping them in PvE.

illcadia 12-07-2012 08:57 PM

I think they'd be fine in combat if the various speed boost items would contribute to the loss of traction.

I mean, if I slap a motion accelerator 3 onto my tac and activate my frosted boots, I should be going on a slip and slide adventure through the gauntlet of enemy fire.

explorer2222 12-09-2012 09:21 PM

Winter Wonderland
 
Great that the timer is off. Winterwonderland is awesome.
However my Klingon character can not buy anything, including the frosted boots that I want to buy, from the verndor in Winter Wonderland. Does anyone else have this problem? My Federation character does not have the problem.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.