Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   The Breen ship for the KDF (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=476691)

mimey2 12-06-2012 11:27 PM

The Breen ship for the KDF

I admit, it does honestly provide an interesting ship for the generally starved Klingon side. Yes it is of course cross-faction, but for all intents and purposes, it's still quite the nice addition regardless.

Between Plasmonic, Adapted Maco, Polarons or Polarized Disruptors, and the Energy Dampener weapon, that could be quite the wicked combo as is.

Putting aside PvP for the moment, I think the Klingon-side, even if it's the same ship, got the better deal because of the consoles and such we have.

intrepid74656 12-07-2012 05:20 AM

My thoughts exactly! That thing would be a constant power drain on whatever the target is. Really curious how this would work against an Elite cube.

cletusdeadman 12-07-2012 05:56 AM

Yeah, getting pretty despirate for a ship over here.

It's either this Breen ship for a KDF Science or go fit out a Minmitar Rifter or Thrasher.

bitemepwe 12-07-2012 05:57 AM

It'll make my Breen BOff very comfortable.

And I like the stats. A Cruiser with a Commander Tac BOff should make many happy.

Commander: TT1 HY2 ApO1 CRF3
LT:TT1 ApD1
LT: EPTA1 A2Sif1
LTC: HE1 TSS2 TSS3
ens: EPTS1

OR

Commander: TT1 BO2 BO3 ApO3
LT:TT1 ApD1
LT: EPTW1 A2Sif1
LTC: HE1 TSS2 TSS3
ens: EPTS1

aurigas7 12-07-2012 12:30 PM

I really like it. The perfect ship for my Nausicaan science captain. I already bought a set of polarized disruptors for it.

defalus 12-07-2012 12:39 PM

With the adapted maco set available to KDF, my bet is that the next lockbox gives Feddies the leech console so both factions may enjoy it equally soon.

lordmalak1 12-07-2012 12:40 PM

It's more like a 'weekend convertible' for lounging and barhopping in. My TAC capt will use it as leisure clothing that won't leave her completely defenseless but my ENG captains may find it pretty useful, especially my seldom used blue guy.

errab 12-07-2012 01:44 PM

That ship can wreak havoc if you went with a power draining approach.

Load up the Leach Console and the Acton Assimilator Console along with the vessels own special console.

I'd go with a BO line up like this:

Commander Tactical TT1, Hy2, TSS3, CRF3

Lt. Tactical TT1, ApB1

Lt. Engineering EpTa1, A2sif1

Lt. Commander Science ST1, TR1, TSS3

Ensign EPTS1

racquerr 12-07-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errab (Post 6981881)
That ship can wreak havoc if you went with a power draining approach.

Load up the Leach Console and the Acton Assimilator Console along with the vessels own special console.

I'd go with a BO line up like this:

Commander Tactical TT1, Hy2, TSS3, CRF3

Lt. Tactical TT1, ApB1

Lt. Engineering EpTa1, A2sif1

Lt. Commander Science ST1, TR1, TSS3

Ensign EPTS1

I was thinking something along this line as well.

Although, I will not be making any Breen comfortable aboard anytime soon. I'm going to have to change the environmental controls to boost that interior temperature several... dozen degrees before I step foot in it.

and that winter "wonderland" isn't any better...

tom61sto 12-07-2012 03:07 PM

It looks like an interesting ship, more maneuverable and more tactical orientated than a Fleet Tor'Kaht, but tankier than things like Raptors and Fleet Scourges.

I want it for at least one of my KDF characters (both Tacs), but I'm not sure if I'd like it better than my Fleet Tor'kaht on my main. I like having different ships on my two characters, so my second would get it if I don't go with it on my main, since I'm not liking the Fleet Scourge I have on that character very much (good ship, but I don't like it.)