Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Ground Pvp , possible hacking. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=477851)

dublinraider 12-08-2012 02:26 AM

Ground Pvp , possible hacking.

Hi i was playing some ground pvp yesterday and encountered an enemy player who could not be killed.
It was a 3v3 and my entire team focussed on one enemy player. We continually brought his health to 0 and he wouldn't die.
I'm an experienced ground pvp player since sto started and i've never seen anything remotely like this before.
Just thought i'd bring this up to the forum , in case others are experiencing this.
:)

mrkollins 12-08-2012 02:56 AM

Its not hacking, is a Bug related to buffs that you can get in the Winter Wonderland.

I have already sent a PM to Borticus explaining the issue.

dontdrunkimshoot 12-08-2012 03:05 AM

ya getting hit by a snowball seems to give a 10 minute immunity from death lol

dantrainor 12-08-2012 03:14 AM

Haha! GG cryptic, GG

mavhax 12-08-2012 07:19 AM

Something in the new winter event is broken?! Say it isn't so! No way!

borticuscryptic 12-10-2012 09:24 AM

We're investigating what may be causing this. However the "Rampaging Snowball" debuff that's being blame cannot possibly be the cause - it does not render you immune to death. That effect (present only in Q's Winter Wonderland) is handled by a zonewide power that only lasts 1 sec before being refreshed by the zone. If you somehow managed to leave the zone with the effect intact (a situation which shouldn't be possible), it would only last 1second.

If anyone has better repro steps on making this happen, please PM me. So far, all I've seen is complaints of it happening without any explanation as to who it came to pass. While we're trying to track it down ourselves, any info you guys may have would be helpful.

felderburg 12-10-2012 09:37 AM

This happened to me, I was at 0 health for a good while before finally dying. I noted it in Zone chat, and someone mentioned they'd seen it a few times. It was kinda cool, but I worried about getting reported for cheating.

As far as repro... I have no idea. It only happened to me once. I was in Shanty Town, fighting on my Bajoran Female Engineer.

I've also seen the "Rampaging Snowball" or some other winter buff with a timer that is definitely longer than 1 second. I do recall seeing it outside of the Winter Wonderland, but I can't recall if it was in the same match I didn't die for a while.

shookyang 12-10-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borticuscryptic (Post 7015511)
We're investigating what may be causing this. However the "Rampaging Snowball" debuff that's being blame cannot possibly be the cause - it does not render you immune to death. That effect (present only in Q's Winter Wonderland) is handled by a zonewide power that only lasts 1 sec before being refreshed by the zone. If you somehow managed to leave the zone with the effect intact (a situation which shouldn't be possible), it would only last 1second.

I've had Rampaging Snowball stuck on me for much longer than 1 second. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was stuck on me the entire time I was in the Winter Wonderland.

I don't know if it left with me when I left the Winterland, but it wasn't on me when I logged back in the next day.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to reproduce it.

sean2448 12-10-2012 10:00 AM

I tried to go over to army is and did massive amount of damage but could do nothing to them

redricky 12-10-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felderburg (Post 7015661)
As far as repro... I have no idea. It only happened to me once. I was in Shanty Town, fighting on my Bajoran Female Engineer.

It was the Prophets!