Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Stats for: Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array??? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=480661)

redheadguy 12-10-2012 07:02 PM

Stats for: Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array???

Like I said in the title, could someone tell me that stats for the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array??

Also, what are the stats for the other Romulan ship weapons??

Thanks

lianthelia 12-10-2012 07:17 PM

I'm not sure anyone has really made it to tier 4 for the torpedo much less to tier 5 for the beam.

starkaos 12-10-2012 07:50 PM

People should already be at Tier 4 by now. I am currently at Tier 3 and will get to Tier 4 on Wednesday. I only run the projects once a day and not the second after they are done. So there should be people ahead of me.

stostargatewars 12-10-2012 11:46 PM

I just unlocked tier 4 at 3am gmt but I have not had a look at the weapon.

edit

the beam weapon is in tier 5, it is the torpedo that is tier 4.

questerius 12-18-2012 03:13 PM

Has anyone unlocked T5 for the Romulans yet?
I'm also quite curious about the stats of the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array?

jaturnley 12-18-2012 03:33 PM

First people to unlock Tier 5 on Holodeck will be in about two weeks - the progression system just cant get people there any faster. It's possible someone could have unlocked it on Tribble, but I have not heard of anyone who has bothered.

The torp at Tier 4 has a placeholder in it right now, and should be patched in with the correct version shortly. Given that, the code for the cannons might not even be in the game yet either. We'll just have to be patient.

EDIT: The T4 Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher is being patched to Tribble as I type this, should be on Holodeck next week at the latest.

virusdancer 12-18-2012 03:38 PM

They wouldn't have been able to unlock T5 yet. You're looking at 100k Rep XP. Even sitting on the 20hr (remember they did not start that way) timers, they wouldn't be there quite yet.

As is, the Hyper-Plasma is not in the game yet - there's a "placeholder" torp there that's not part of the set- so no bonus. It's in the Trib notes for today that it's been replaced - so the stats might be available for it from somebody on Tribble.

As for the store unlocks, the Romulan Plasma are Plasma damage with both a Disruptor and Plasma Proc. They're not Disruptors with a Plasma Proc like the mission weapons - they're Plasma with a Disruptor Proc.

The cost of the Mk XI are 20,540 Dil while the Mk XII are 28,540 Dil...each.

jaturnley 12-18-2012 03:44 PM

Beat you to it ;)

The prices for the Romulan store unlocks are more than a little outrageous, considering they are not as good as Fleet weapons but cost nearly three times as much. They're nice, yes, but not THAT nice.

That being said, we will need something to spend Dil on in a few weeks....

virusdancer 12-18-2012 04:06 PM

Figure with the reduced times to Tier up, anything but Mk XII is a waste of Dil - so in not buying any of the Mk X/Mk XI stuff - there should be the Dil for the Mk XII by the time you get there.

questerius 12-18-2012 05:03 PM

I was aware of the Romulan Torpedo (already have that one in my inventory), but i was hoping for some stats for the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array to see if it will be worth saving for.

The regular romulan beams/turrets are nice, but the prices are a little steep. Well more than a little steep.

I'm looking at the romulan set because i think it'll be a good addition to my Aegis intrepid.
Tanking and doing lots of DoT