Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Your Top 5 Most Wanted Assets (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=482481)

thegreendragoon1 12-12-2012 12:32 PM

Your Top 5 Most Wanted Assets

So I've been wanting to do this for a while. It's easy enough to come up with massive lists of things that we want added to the Foundry, however the Devs have stated before that adding assets isn't as easy a task as we would expect. To that end, I want to find out what my fellow Foundry authors think is the highest priority asset that need to be added to the Foundry. So my question is, if a dev asked you for 5 individual assets to add to the Foundry, what would you choose?

Before you answer, I need to lay a couple ground rules:

1. It can be any specific asset (detail object, structure, costume, NPC group, ship variant, or map) currently in the game. If it's a map, it can be any map currently in game, as it appears in game.
  2. It needs to be a specific asset. No groups of assets. I can't just say the Jupiter Uniforms, as the Jupiter uniforms are actually 5 uniforms + the Vet variant. Same goes for something like more interior parts. You have to list them individually. If it's an NPC group, it has to be a specific group such as Tholian Captain Ground Group, not just the Tholian faction. If it appears as an individual item in the list it should be good.
  3. It has to currently exist in-game. The only exception might be something allowing the lines of a new building block or a new generic map, but don't go nuts. It has to be something a Dev could quickly make.
  4. Don't skip an item you want because someone else listed it. Duplicate items are actually a good thing as it shows that said item is more highly requested.
  5. Assets, not features.
  6. You are totally allowed to change your mind. If someone comes up with a better assets, feel free to update your own list in support of said asset.

So why all these rules, this is stupid. Well, I'm giving you the chance (although only hypothetically) to chose what is more important. It's not about coming up with the longest list, but what would you choose to add with a limited amount of dev time. It's sort of a challenge.

So without further adieu, I'll get things started:

My Top 5 Most Wanted Assets
  1. Transporter Chamber
  2. Ship Corridor Ceiling
  3. Ship Corridor Carpet Floor Square Block
  4. U.S.S. Dewitt Interior
  5. Ship Wall with Red Alert

So with limited time and dev resources, what are the 5 assets you think Cryptic should add to the Foundry?

thay8472 12-12-2012 12:37 PM

*Changed my mind* made a new post.

thegreendragoon1 12-12-2012 12:44 PM

Forgot about the Dewitt. Might have to update my list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 7053871)
5. The ability to change the friendly/enemy status on npcs (maybe I want to fight with some undine ? :P )

Technically that's a feature. (P.S. You can pull off something like that now with the new NPC disappearing feature.)

lordmalak1 12-12-2012 01:04 PM

Hats:
Bowlers
fedoras
cowboy hats

High heeled shoes for non-feddie toons

...And a 2 handed fighting sword set- Daisho set

:D

artan42 12-12-2012 01:05 PM

A bit more than 5 but...Ships!

ajstoner 12-12-2012 02:38 PM

1) Current Player costume

2) Proper windows

3) Stairs

4) Availability of all uniforms in game

5) Transporter pad

sollvax 12-12-2012 02:55 PM

Melee only npcs who do not BITE people
The Huge worms from the Hirogen mission
those will do me

nagorak 12-12-2012 02:55 PM

I'm changing my requests. I'll make a new post.

zahinder 12-12-2012 05:22 PM

I'm new to this, but at a first thought, it'd be integrating costume options. At the very least, costumes we've unlocked (mercenary, holiday, etc.)

psycoticvulcan 12-12-2012 05:23 PM

In no particular order:

- Reman Guard Captain (as opposed to the purple "mirror" we currently have)
- U.S.S. DeWitt interior
- Obisek
- Mirror universe Sovereign class
- Starfleet Academy map

Subject to change. ;)