Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   All the new ships with no new interior. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=483711)

alexindcobra 12-13-2012 10:50 AM

All the new ships with no new interior.

We have all the new ships comming out but the have no bridge styles of their own. It won't make sense for a Chel Grett Cruiser to share a Galaxy bridge or Odyssey Bridge, or some new ship to share some old outdated bridge style or vise versa. I also think it is time to start making different interior styles for crew deck, and engineering deck. The style currently used now, don't fully match any known canon ship. The mess hall don't look like "Ten Forward" or any other known mess hall in Star Trek. The Engine room looks like an oversized version of the Enterprise-E but a ramp to the sencond floor was added and the warp core is facing crooked in relation to the ship layout. The Engine room is canted crooked and the tourbolift is behind the engine room instead of in front of like how it is on the real ship schematics. Just like we got a choice in bridges and size of interior layout, we should get a choice in style crew decks and engine rooms so we can fit it with our ships as we see fit. The choices should start with canon looking layouts from the shows before they come out with new concepts. Alien ships should have their own layout choices as well.

anazonda 12-13-2012 01:09 PM

Well you know... Why make a great expirience, when you can make great money.

Sadly, making interiours is a significantly harder task, than making the actual ship (I know this from expirience from BC, and even from the *shivers* foundry).

And when it comes down to Time vs. money earned, I am affraid the math wille never add up in the eyes of cryptic.

alexindcobra 12-14-2012 04:49 AM

I heard the interior designer quit so I guess they have yet to replace him. Still we should make a lot of noise so eventually they hear us and make things right.

alexindcobra 12-14-2012 04:50 AM

WHo said the interior choices had to be free? Most of the good ones weren't free, anyway.

reyan01 12-14-2012 07:29 AM

To be fair, the (fairly recently released) Wells class came with a dedicated bridge.

flash525 12-14-2012 11:47 AM

Surely a redress of one of the older bridges would have been something? I know most of our time is spend 'outside' the ship anyway, but to release something (such as your Breen Cruiser) with no 'alien' bridge. It's a little lazy.

What they could do with is a set of three different sized alien bridges with alternative colour schemes to be used with all non Federation/KDF ships. Wouldn't be perfect, but it would be better than nothing.

alexindcobra 12-17-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash525 (Post 7090591)
Surely a redress of one of the older bridges would have been something? I know most of our time is spend 'outside' the ship anyway, but to release something (such as your Breen Cruiser) with no 'alien' bridge. It's a little lazy.

What they could do with is a set of three different sized alien bridges with alternative colour schemes to be used with all non Federation/KDF ships. Wouldn't be perfect, but it would be better than nothing.

That is a good idea.