Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Maquis Raider? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=484151)

wunjee 12-13-2012 07:24 PM

Maquis Raider?
 
I'm actually surprised I'm not seeing more demand for this ship. It'd be awesome in shuttle events. Surprisingly tho I've never seen a thread on it, never seen anyone talking about it..

Shuttle-tier
3 fore, 2 aft weapons
Can mount dual cannons
1 Lt. Universal
2 Ens Universal
Crew of 20
1 device slot
2 tac slots
1 eng slot
1 sci slot
20 turn rate
0.6 shield modifier

I'd pay a little zen for this just because it'd be fun as hell in shuttle events. I know at 68 meters long it's a bit large for a shuttle but that's still relatively small. Even at +-3 times the size of a Danube.

The only concern I have is it'd be like a Fed BoP, but of course it wouldn't cloak, and it's base stats would be more Shuttle-ish then anything else.

http://rindastartrekds9.files.wordpr...is-raider1.jpg

http://wiki.maquis.com/images/9/96/Juday_msd.jpg

I'd pay 1,000 zen for that.

hereticknight085 12-13-2012 10:52 PM

I too was wondering why this ship wasn't in game, but it's actually quite simple. It's too powerful. If you look at the raiders in canon, they are taking on Galors and winning. They can do it all. They are fast, maneuverable, tough, and sneaky. And if you actually introduced one, it would have to be fed only, for obvious reasons.

Can you imagine the noise on the KDF side? And the balance issues? Hot damn bro XD.

wunjee 12-13-2012 11:29 PM

I don't recall one taking on a Galor and winning. I specifically remember Chakotay ordering the weapons power be dumped into the engines because "Not like our weapons can dent their shields anyway" while being chased by a Galor into the badlands.

The way I envisioned it, it'd be a shuttle with more weapons and slightly better modifiers, but still distinctly worse shield modifiers and hull health then, say, a tier 3 escort.

Along with the very limited BOFF positions and consoles, limited crew and less maneuverability then, say, a Peregrine, I don't see it being able to pick on anything significant too badly.

It'd be fun as hell running Vault in one, tho.

hereticknight085 12-14-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunjee (Post 7082661)
I don't recall one taking on a Galor and winning. I specifically remember Chakotay ordering the weapons power be dumped into the engines because "Not like our weapons can dent their shields anyway" while being chased by a Galor into the badlands.

The way I envisioned it, it'd be a shuttle with more weapons and slightly better modifiers, but still distinctly worse shield modifiers and hull health then, say, a tier 3 escort.

Along with the very limited BOFF positions and consoles, limited crew and less maneuverability then, say, a Peregrine, I don't see it being able to pick on anything significant too badly.

It'd be fun as hell running Vault in one, tho.

I meant small squads of 4 of them, like what they did in DS9 and the few TNG episodes they were featured in. But if they ever did introduce it, it would faceroll the vault, since more than 2 weapons and more than a base hull of 10k and that thing is going to be almost impossible for anything other than the Mogais and BoPs to kill.

wunjee 12-14-2012 01:26 AM

Anything but the Mogais and BoPs in the Vault is a serious threat anyway? :P

Peregrine already facerolls the Vault.

timelord79 12-14-2012 03:30 AM

I also think the Raider would be more like a non cloaking B'Rel and not a Shuttle at all.
The closest thing we got in game us that flyable Odyssey support ship (forgot the class name).
Data's scout ship from Star Trek Insurrection is more if a Shuttle than the Raider, and even that One is already pretty powerful.

sollvax 12-14-2012 03:38 AM

More accurately

2 fore weapons (one a light torp one a light beam) can not mount cannons
no aft weapons
1 en slot (universal)
20 crew

remember these were juryrig junkers

nicha0 12-14-2012 05:21 AM

They are closer to a frigate than a shuttle, there just isn't a place for them.

Then again the Jem bug is crazy over powered in the game too, disposable ships ended up being one of the best.

alarconte 12-14-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Can you imagine the noise on the KDF side? And the balance issues? Hot damn bro XD.
There's no reason KDF can't have Maquis.... Maquis are not Federation but anyway... Maquis doesn't exist anymore, don't they?

probe1171 12-14-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alarconte (Post 7085771)
There's no reason KDF can't have Maquis.... Maquis are not Federation but anyway... Maquis doesn't exist anymore, don't they?

we can always hire a new group of rebels who are being lead by either a infiltrator from the Mirror Universe,Dominion or Undine.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 PM.