Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Thank You, Cryptic (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=485051)

bazag 12-14-2012 03:03 PM

Thank You, Cryptic

Thank you Cryptic for showing that you care about the foundry in Season 7. Not only did you add a lot of nice things to the editor you also have dealt with the issues of the quickies and made proper foundry missions much more attractive to play.

Patrolling mobs and having NPCs disappear is something that we have been wanting for a long time and now they are added. Thank you!

No more clickies, the new minimum time element is a great new addition not only people can now search for longer or shorter missions but anything that doesn't meet the minimum time threshold is ineligible for the daily wrapper. Thank you, this has been something that has been annoying us people who create legitimate foundry missions. People don't play real foundry missions because in 1 second they can get their reward for them. However with that dealt with real foundry missions are getting more plays. Thank you.

And finally the re-vamping of the Investigate Officer Reports. Now that the clickies have been taken care of it was only time until this mission also got revamped now that minimum time has been guaranteed. Now with this new mission it means that playing the one foundry mission is worth it, not only for the fleetmarks but also for the dilithium.

Thank you Cryptic!

(On a side note however, dStahl mentioned in the latest Ask Cryptic that players did not report clickies. I can't talk for anyone but myself in this so there you go. I believe that it would be impossible for players to police themselves. Why? How long does it take to create a clickie mission? It takes barely no time at all. The clickie mission creators would simply create a new clickie mission. If players did police clickie missions then all it would do would to cause the problem to go underground. There needed to be no incentive for people engaging in this behaviour to stop it and now with the changes you have made they have been. Thank you for these changes.)

zorbane 12-14-2012 03:18 PM

+1.

I've never felt as positive about the Foundry as I have after the reports change. My mission got a ton of plays too.

Unfortunately my other two missions currently don't qualify for the Officer Reports mission so I'm trying to figure that out.

However other than that I'm extremely optimistic for the future.

ajstoner 12-14-2012 03:35 PM

Here here; fully agree.

nagorak 12-14-2012 03:39 PM

I agree, these changes were really a major improvement.

designationxr377 12-14-2012 05:21 PM

Here here. It always feels nice to have the support you have voiced vindicated.

NOW, don't screw up! Just because I love you doesn't mean I will forgive you if you turn evil or mega lazy! You only coast in one direction, downhill!

thay8472 12-14-2012 05:50 PM

+1 patrol is a nice addition

gavinruneblade 12-14-2012 06:22 PM

I've very much enjoyed it and it has really helped my small group klingon side as now we have a decent source of fleet marks finally (since he queue never launches over there).

But also, I've been finding good missions and I think that's a big part of the point.

So thanks for making the missions you all, and thank you cryptic for getting the rewards to a good level for the time invested.

zahinder 12-14-2012 07:29 PM

I'm thrilled.

While I'd like more features in Foundry, compared to the other options out there (... ... ... um... Saga of Ryzom? Maybe?), ...

twg042370 12-14-2012 07:41 PM

The latest season sort of coincided with my attempt to do something with my toons aside from farming contraband and converting Dil to Zen.

I have a character in both factions who's sole point is to play foundry missions. I would have been doing it anyway even without the new reward system, but this just puts icing on the cake.

By the way, the cake is mostly good if you're willing to chew around the occasional prune.

hippiejon 12-14-2012 07:57 PM

What they said.
Thanks, Cryptic !
Well done !