Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Obtain Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher Missions... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=486701)

lianthelia 12-16-2012 10:41 AM

Obtain Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher Missions...

Is it me or are they much much rarer now, I've been trying to get one for a character of mine but I've only seen like once or twice in the last few weeks.

I tour the sectors like daily for raiding missions for contraband so its not like I don't get around much.

elandarksky 12-16-2012 10:57 AM

assuming your a KDF, just hang around the qounos sector, i normally trip over harpeng missions outside our beloved planet :p

captiandata1 12-16-2012 11:07 AM

i have an easy way of getting the hargh'peng which is to play the star fleet mission dooms day device for the mission reward and sent via mail to you kdf character.

captiandata1 12-16-2012 11:08 AM

in game mail.

lewstelamon01 12-16-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 7113071)
Is it me or are they much much rarer now, I've been trying to get one for a character of mine but I've only seen like once or twice in the last few weeks.

I tour the sectors like daily for raiding missions for contraband so its not like I don't get around much.

From what I've read...why so serious about getting the weapon? I've read it's only marginally more effective than firing tribbles out of your torpedo tube...

crusty8mac 12-16-2012 12:22 PM

They are quite useful for builds that have no skill points in torpedoes. And yes, I would say the assignments don't show up as often as they did at first, but I have no real data on that.

markhawkman 12-16-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captiandata1 (Post 7113361)
i have an easy way of getting the hargh'peng which is to play the star fleet mission dooms day device for the mission reward and sent via mail to you kdf character.

It's BoP...

I really wish that Harghs would show their DPS properly... But I like using them for the DoT and splash damage. Quite impressive.

captiandata1 12-16-2012 12:48 PM

the hargh'pengs are the fastest torpedeos in the game and they by pass shields, hit the hall fairly hard without torpedeo skill pionts. the radiation work good too and finally boom at first fired and 15 second after first boom.

ps with 2 hargh' pengs launcher you can have the secondary boom about 5 secong apart and a a new hergh'peng torpedeo ready to fire

voporak 12-16-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captiandata1 (Post 7114591)
the hargh'pengs are the fastest torpedeos in the game and they by pass shields, hit the hall fairly hard without torpedeo skill pionts. the radiation work good too and finally boom at first fired and 15 second after first boom.
ps with 2 hargh' pengs launcher you can have the secondary boom about 5 secong apart and a a new hergh'peng torpedeo ready to fire

They don't bypass shields, that's the radiation.
That's a valid point, but the radiation can be cleared with hazard emitters.
Last I checked, it was a ten second cooldown on other hargh'pengs after you fired one.

Answers in corresponding colors.

The hargh'peng is a mixed bag that really depends on how you use it. I have noticed that it has lower accuracy than most torpedoes it seems.

lianthelia 12-16-2012 06:26 PM

I found one...of course failed it >.>