Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Maco Outfit Question (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=487231)

thlaylierah 12-16-2012 10:51 PM

Maco Outfit Question

I just got the Mk XI armor.

Where does the helmet come in?

How do you turn it on?

denizenvi 12-16-2012 10:56 PM

Mk XI doesn't come with a helmet.

To get the helmet, you must get the Mk XII armor. To unlock the whole costume for customization (not just armor visuals), you must get Mk XII weapon and shield as well.

pegasuscic 12-16-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlaylierah (Post 7118981)
I just got the Mk XI armor.

Where does the helmet come in?

How do you turn it on?

believe Mk XII

pegasuscic 12-16-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizenvi (Post 7119021)
Mk XI doesn't come with a helmet.

To get the helmet, you must get the Mk XII armor. To unlock the whole costume for customization (not just armor visuals), you must get Mk XII weapon and shield as well.

So to get the Omega rifle to show you need to unlock mk xii? The why does MACO mk xi allow you have the weapon our back? Seems dumb that one weapon you show your "back" at mk xi and another at mk xii

thlaylierah 12-16-2012 11:10 PM

I was going to wait for the Mk XII, but the Deferi Borg are mean and it's good armor even at Mk XI.

I am getting the shield and weapon ASAP.

logicalspock 12-16-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasuscic (Post 7119071)
So to get the Omega rifle to show you need to unlock mk xii? The why does MACO mk xi allow you have the weapon our back? Seems dumb that one weapon you show your "back" at mk xi and another at mk xii

You have it wrong.

All three items, the weapon, the armor, and the shield will show visually if you have them equipped.

However, the nice looking Omega and Maco armor you see on DS9 NPCs must be unlocked by completing all three parts of the set.

The better the set, the more visual options unlocked in the tailor. You also get more options from completing all the optionals on elite. The helmets on all three uniforms are obtained by selecting OMEGA/KHG/MACO uniform, head customization, and having unlocked those uniforms by collecting all three pieces of the MK XII set at some point.

The visual costume itself can be worn at any time, regardless of whether you have the weapon or the armor equipped. For instance, I have completed the XI Omega set and the XII MACO set so I can wear the Omega costume (sans helmet and a few other options) while equipping the MACO set.

starkaos 12-16-2012 11:33 PM

There is also the Costume Unlock project that needs to be done in order to use the costume. This requires all 3 pieces of the same Mk to be obtained.

logicalspock 12-16-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7119251)
There is also the Costume Unlock project that needs to be done in order to use the costume. This requires all 3 pieces of the same Mk to be obtained.

Really? I miss the old STFs. Well. . . not the really old STFs.

defalus 12-17-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasuscic (Post 7119071)

The Omega autocarbine is one of the few weapons that currently does not show on your characters back when equiped, other weapons like this include the borg prosthetic and I think the ghostbuster gun or whatever it is called does not show either.