Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Where do Klingons get commodities? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=487781)

gavinruneblade 12-17-2012 10:46 AM

Where do Klingons get commodities?

So having gotten tired of using my account bank, I have to wonder, where do most klingon players get commodities to use in reputation and fleet projects? I've never seen a cargo trader flying around klingon space and the vendors on Qo'Nos and Academy only carry 4. DS9 also only has a few not the full set.

As an aside, I never got a mission that rewarded one of those summon the klingon equivalent of Azure II but I have seen that thing out there so I know it exists. Sadly, it only sells food not commodities. But still it has bank and exchange features, is there a mission I missed that gives klingons the 2-hour cooldown summon?

bluegeek 12-17-2012 11:02 AM

I believe there is also a vendor at Ganalda, but I don't recall what they carry.

If you have access to a sector where the Feds have access to cargo ships, I have read that KDF can use them too. I can't confirm that yet, but if nobody else has an answer I'll check into it.

Some commodities are obtained by running certain Marauding DOFF assignments. In this respect, KDF has access to a lot of 'free' commodities that the Feds don't. The downside is that you can't pick which ones you get.

lordmalak1 12-17-2012 11:07 AM

"Bringing down the house" rewards you you're personal comm code for calling in the trade freighter. It's the first mission of the game.

latinumbar 12-17-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegeek (Post 7125621)
I believe there is also a vendor at Ganalda, but I don't recall what they carry.

If you have access to a sector where the Feds have access to cargo ships, I have read that KDF can use them too. I can't confirm that yet, but if nobody else has an answer I'll check into it.

Yes, you can trade with 'Fed' cargo ships. Just fly up to them and trade as usual. You'll need rank 3 marauding to go to Sirius, but there some cargo ships in regulus too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 7125761)
"Bringing down the house" rewards you you're personal comm code for calling in the trade freighter. It's the first mission of the game.

Yeah, but the selection is not great. Plus you only get 5 minutes, and there is a 2 hour cooldown

tangolight 12-17-2012 05:10 PM

There is a commodities vendor in the First City, near the personal requisitions vendor.

twg042370 12-17-2012 06:58 PM

The replicator, maybe?

gavinruneblade 12-18-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangolight (Post 7131231)
There is a commodities vendor in the First City, near the personal requisitions vendor.

Yes, but as I mentioned he only sells 4 commodities. And not a single one used for reputation projects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg042370 (Post 7132491)
The replicator, maybe?

The replicator is too expensive. I can't afford to pay double considering how many are needed for reputation projects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 7125761)

Thanks! not sure how I missed that. I'll see if I can replay it to get the comm code.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegeek (Post 7125621)

Some commodities are obtained by running certain Marauding DOFF assignments. In this respect, KDF has access to a lot of 'free' commodities that the Feds don't. The downside is that you can't pick which ones you get.

I'll try to get to fed space. I'm only rank 1 marauder though but I think I've been partly into their area. And the trouble with marauding is that I need like 50+ every day of 6 different commodities. You just can't get that many by raiding.

altechachan 12-18-2012 01:39 PM

There are some vendors at Deep Space Nine (You can reach the Beta Urase sector by going Eti Eridani -> Orellius -> Beta Urase). The DS9 ones will sell you the hypos. regenerators, and shields.

If anything you can also check out Drozana station in Eti Eridani sector. Regulus Sector block also have cargo ships that you can talk to and buy.

banzaizap 12-18-2012 02:34 PM

Regulus sector (no Maurading needed) in the southern systems usually have several cargo ships hanging out. Fly right up to them and they will be willing to trade with the KDF. They are a bit cheaper than replicating commodities yourself. The cargo ships tend to be cheaper than the station vendors as well. I picked up the Ferengi lobi set to make the commodities even cheaper.

thepantsparty 12-19-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavinruneblade (Post 7143571)
The replicator is too expensive. I can't afford to pay double considering how many are needed for reputation projects.

Run a mission or two? If the replicator is expensive, you're doing something wrong.