Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   scorpion hangar pets on an armitage (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=488611)

bespin18 12-18-2012 06:33 AM

scorpion hangar pets on an armitage

i run a tact HEC with either peregrins, danubes, or SRUs depending on the situation and i now have the ability to get the purple scorpions and i was wondering if anyone who has these can tell me if their worth it? i know they have a chance to pop out the plasma DoT which sounds pretty nice to me as it bypasses shields and short of stfs where alot of things have no shields pergs generally suck when it comes to shielded targets. some thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated before i make a decision on if i wanna shell out the dilith for these. thanks ahead of time :)

ferdzso0 12-19-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bespin18 (Post 7137291)
i run a tact HEC with either peregrins, danubes, or SRUs depending on the situation and i now have the ability to get the purple scorpions and i was wondering if anyone who has these can tell me if their worth it? i know they have a chance to pop out the plasma DoT which sounds pretty nice to me as it bypasses shields and short of stfs where alot of things have no shields pergs generally suck when it comes to shielded targets. some thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated before i make a decision on if i wanna shell out the dilith for these. thanks ahead of time :)

I use them on my vesta. DPS wise they are close to the peregrines. I would say, that they are more like the combination of the peregrines and delta flyers.

also, they should deal more pure dps than the peregrines (and they do :D). the plasma torpedos deal more dps than quantums, and since the peregrines use phasers, dps wise the proc on the plasma cannons also will give an edge to them.

and I would like to mention, that the scorpions are easier to keep track of, than the peregrines, because of their engine trails, and general look and size

so if you use fighters a lot, I suggest you get the peregrines, but if you rarely use them, they do not worth the upgrade, we are talking about a few hundred dps difference.

stirling191 12-19-2012 02:34 PM

Hilarious when paired with the Omega torpedo launcher.

However, Peregrines appear to be more nimble, and (anecdotaly) can bring their DCs to bear much more easily than Scorpions, which make Peregrines significantly better in my experience as Intercept mode craft. Combine that with the ability to proc the phaser shield disable makes Peregrines still a better choice.

gypsyblade 12-19-2012 02:46 PM

Personally I'm going to be getting the T5 version of the Scorpion Fighters as these will be "Elite" pets. It will be a while before my fleet reaches Science T5 in our Starbase so those pets are a ways off.

The T3 Scorpions are the equivalent to the Peregrines you get from the Dilithium store. So I'd save my Dil and marks if you already have those slotted.

The T3 Layout:

PVE: Peregrine > Scorpion
PVP: Scorpion > Peregrine

Not sure if you PVP so I won't get into the details.

As far as T5 goes same as above, but the T5 Scorpions will be better than the Dilithium store Peregrines.

Those are the factors I've considered myself.

darkenzedd 12-19-2012 03:13 PM

Do scorpion fighters cloak while fighting?

lostusthorn 12-19-2012 04:23 PM

Strangely i found the purple delta flyer to give the most dps.

woppy1 12-20-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostusthorn (Post 7161751)
Strangely i found the purple delta flyer to give the most dps.

I think that could be to do with the transphasics, every time I'm fighting them they seem to go straight through my shields every time

cptskeeteruk 12-20-2012 07:49 AM

Hmm i thought adv peregrines were suppose to be the best for dps thats why i bought em.