Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet Tactical escort retrofit builds. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=489591)

theoric 12-18-2012 08:41 PM

Fleet Tactical escort retrofit builds.
 
Hi everyone,

I'd love some advice I recently purchased the above ship and want it to be a pvp/pve ship. Please review my build and let me know what you all think, I haven't done much pvp, and predominantly have flown cruisers until I recently got mobius.

This is my rough idea.

3 x fleet ap DHC
1 x fleet quantum launcher

3 x fleet ap turrets

Full Borg set (shields, engines and deflector)

Devices - red matter capacitor, subspace module

Boff

Com Tac - HYT1, CSV1, TS3, APO3
Lt com Tac - TT1, CRF1, TS3
Tac Ens - TT1
Lt Eng - EPTS1, EPTSif1
Lt Sci - HE1, TSS2

As for my other slots.

Tac 5 x the highest AP mags I can afford
Sci - shield mod, Borg console, or temporal console or remen console.
Eng - armour plus kin resist, cloak console, another dps console with crit

Thanks in advance

petaluma1 12-20-2012 05:29 PM

Caller
 
I can use the advice also. I have almost the same build
as you do but i'm still not max out on my DPS.

age03 12-20-2012 06:20 PM

You would want this

Lt Eng - EPTS1, EPTSif1
EPTS1 EPTS Structual.

You really need only one Tac. Team.

hereticknight085 12-20-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoric (Post 7149091)
Hi everyone,

I'd love some advice I recently purchased the above ship and want it to be a pvp/pve ship. Please review my build and let me know what you all think, I haven't done much pvp, and predominantly have flown cruisers until I recently got mobius.

This is my rough idea.

3 x fleet ap DHC
1 x fleet quantum launcher

3 x fleet ap turrets

Full Borg set (shields, engines and deflector)

Devices - red matter capacitor, subspace module

Boff

Com Tac - HYT1, CSV1, TS3, APO3
Lt com Tac - TT1, CRF1, TS3
Tac Ens - TT1
Lt Eng - EPTS1, EPTSif1
Lt Sci - HE1, TSS2

As for my other slots.

Tac 5 x the highest AP mags I can afford
Sci - shield mod, Borg console, or temporal console or remen console.
Eng - armour plus kin resist, cloak console, another dps console with crit

Thanks in advance

For PvE:

Weapons: Fine
Other Equipment: Fine
Tac Consoles: Fine
Sci Consoles: Okish (if you absolutely MUST have cloak console, I would put it here)
Eng Consoles: OUCH. Recommend for PvE you have double neutronium + 1 monotanium

BOff Layout: Um... WOW... you really need to change this up
Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CSV1, APB2/APO2
Ens Tac: TS1
Lt Engi: EPtS1/EPtW1, EPtW2/EPtS2
Lt Sci: HE1, HE2

For PvP:
Um... yeah, go to the PvP forum, they have good escort builds there, and if you post your build up you will find a plethora of players more than happy to help.

Also we need DOffs. Unless you can tell us DOffs, we can't really give much more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by age03 (Post 7178191)
You would want this

Lt Eng - EPTS1, EPTSif1
EPTS1 EPTS Structual.

You really need only one Tac. Team.

What? No. You need more than one tac team. You are assuming he has the purple Conn Officers, which we cannot be sure of.

Ignore the quoted post OP.

shar487a 12-21-2012 12:14 PM

You can get away with 1 tactical team only if you have 2 Tac-Team Conn DOFF's to reduce the cooldown from 30 seconds down to 15 -- this makes it match Tac-Team's global cooldown. Otherwise you always want 2 Tac-Teams, and since Defiants have an over-abundance of Ensign tac ability slots, you might as well slot 2 tac teams so that you can use those DOFF spots for more productive functions (like Attack Patterns, SubNuc's, Placates, etc.)

If you run the Borg Universal Assimilated Module, then you should consider the Borg Cutting Beam in an aft weapon slot to give you the Omega Weapon Amplifier proc (reduces all energy weapon power drain, thereby increasing overall DPS) which triggers quite often.

EDIT: for dedicated PVE, dump all instances of CRF and replace it with CSV for more total DPS against multiple targets.

ussboleyn 12-21-2012 01:19 PM

I'd run something like this...

Tac com - TT1, CSV1, CSV2, APB3
Tac lt. Com - TT1, APB1, APO1
Eng lt - EPtS1, EPtS2
Sci lt - HE1, TSS2
Tac ensign - TorpS1

woodwhity 12-21-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussboleyn (Post 7182951)
I'd run something like this...

Tac com - TT1, CSV1, CSV2, APB3
Tac lt. Com - TT1, APB1, APO1
Eng lt - EPtS1, EPtS2
Sci lt - HE1, TSS2
Tac ensign - TorpS1

Depending on the DOFF-Layout, I would suggest changing EPtS1 to EPtAux or EPtEng or EPtW. Also CSV is pretty useless in pvp, CRF much better. This also applies to APB, APD1 and APO1+3 are better choices when playing PvE and PvE. If PvE only, APB is the better choice.

shar487a 12-21-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwhity (Post 7184041)
Depending on the DOFF-Layout, I would suggest changing EPtS1 to EPtAux or EPtEng or EPtW. Also CSV is pretty useless in pvp, CRF much better. This also applies to APB, APD1 and APO1+3 are better choices when playing PvE and PvE. If PvE only, APB is the better choice.

I wouldn't classify CSV as completely useless in PVP. Yes, it does less damage than CRF, but when facing carrier fighters, mine spam, or destructable high damage projectiles, CSV proves its worth.

I do agree that AP-Beta is pretty useless in PVP due to the abundance of Tactical Teams but otherwise shines in PVE. AP-Omega tends to be better in PVP.

age03 12-21-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 7178561)
For PvE:


Ignore the quoted post OP.

You do know that one over writes the other don't you so your second would be useless.1 Tac team is enough and you are stalking me again which is agiasnt the Law.

hereticknight085 12-21-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by age03 (Post 7187381)
You do know that one over writes the other don't you so your second would be useless.1 Tac team is enough and you are stalking me again which is agiasnt the Law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 7178561)
What? No. You need more than one tac team. You are assuming he has the purple Conn Officers, which we cannot be sure of.

Ignore the quoted post OP.

Need more be said.

P.S. I'm not stalking, I am just calling bs when I see it. And that was some MAJOR bs there.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 AM.