Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Typhoon Challenge (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=492591)

thay8472 12-21-2012 06:41 PM

Typhoon Challenge
 
Mr Flakes.

If myself or another designs a mission based on the Typhoon class and it ends up being worthy of being featured, could the reward be the Typhoon class ? :D

which of course you can then go and make the tac,eng,sci variants and flog them to us via the c-store :P

elandarksky 12-21-2012 06:51 PM

i might not be true here, but i vaugely remeber reading -somewhere- (hence the unsureness)
that the Typhoon would only ever be CONSIDERED when the level cap increases, (sometime after S8 /during 9), but honestly.. that may not be true

Bad memory For the win >.<

thay8472 12-21-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 7187191)
i might not be true here, but i vaugely remeber reading -somewhere- (hence the unsureness)
that the Typhoon would only ever be CONSIDERED when the level cap increases, (sometime after S8 /during 9), but honestly.. that may not be true

Bad memory For the win >.<


Quote:

Q: (cylon74656) Will the Steamrunner Class be available for those of us who don?t play through Steam? And also, when will we see the Typhoon Class playable in-game?

Dstahl: The Steamrunner Class is a Steam exclusive, so it will not be available in the C-Store. However, you do not need to play through Steam in order to purchase this item. If you have a Steam Account you can purchase the item through Steam and claim it in game without needing to play STO through the Steam client.

The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven?t yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.
From the ask cryptic dec 2012.


From this its either we try to convince them.. or wait until the level cap rises... or I suppose we could leave a big pile of money outside their office.

Operation: get the typhoon mk II begins!

thefastone21 12-21-2012 07:40 PM

so we get the universal one then they make the ones that have special abilites for each class like the Oddessey ?

elandarksky 12-21-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 7187361)
From the ask cryptic dec 2012.


From this its either we try to convince them.. or wait until the level cap rises... or I suppose we could leave a big pile of money outside their office.

Operation: get the typhoon mk II begins!

happy that my memory was on the dot for once :p,

If we get level cap increase, then you should start anticipating the typhoon, until then you just gotta sit tight i guess ^^

edit:
I mean with the list of other federation ships that people scream they want, and with some fortune the odd kdf ship >.<, it might be some time til we see a typhoon

thay8472 12-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 7188011)
happy that my memory was on the dot for once :p,

If we get level cap increase, then you should start anticipating the typhoon, until then you just gotta sit tight i guess ^^

edit:
I mean with the list of other federation ships that people scream they want, and with some fortune the odd kdf ship >.<, it might be some time til we see a typhoon

not what i do best :'(

I've wanted the typhoon since I did the tutorial for the first time back in.. 09, those nacelles are just.. to die for :P

Ask for the kdf... I have no idea about them.. foundry wise I think all the ships are avalible for the player.

elandarksky 12-21-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 7188201)
not what i do best :'(

I've wanted the typhoon since I did the tutorial for the first time back in.. 09, those nacelles are just.. to die for :P

Ask for the kdf... I have no idea about them.. foundry wise I think all the ships are avalible for the player.

OH CRUMBS!
I didnt look where this thread was located >.<

I thought you wanted a playable typhoon, not a foundry one >.>'''

Been a long day.. hehe:o
Uhm yeah, i dont see why the typhoon model cant be available in the foundry O.o

thay8472 12-21-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 7188261)
OH CRUMBS!
I didnt look where this thread was located >.<

I thought you wanted a playable typhoon, not a foundry one >.>'''

Been a long day.. hehe:o
Uhm yeah, i dont see why the typhoon model cant be available in the foundry O.o

it is, what i am asking is if.. I or someone else can make a epic mission that centers on the Typhoon, could the Typhoon class itself be turned into the reward for X foundry mission.

then at a later date they could do the trio pack for the c-store.

elandarksky 12-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 7188291)
it is, what i am asking is if.. I or someone else can make a epic mission that centers on the Typhoon, could the Typhoon class itself be turned into the reward for X foundry mission.

then at a later date they could do the trio pack for the c-store.

Goodness,
that might be a bit of a steep ask ^^, a (kinda) free ship rewarded from a mission O.o

Then again stranger things have happened.. like the chel gret free(kinda) ship :p

as for my multiple confusion, i can only apologise and bid thee all a goodnight xD

thay8472 12-21-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 7188351)
Goodness,
that might be a bit of a steep ask ^^, a (kinda) free ship rewarded from a mission O.o

Then again stranger things have happened.. like the chel gret free(kinda) ship :p

as for my multiple confusion, i can only apologise and bid thee all a goodnight xD

lol thought it was worth a try to see if I got a response :P


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 PM.