Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Embassy Tier 1, 2, and 3 Sci consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=492791)

andoriansrus 12-21-2012 09:45 PM

Embassy Tier 1, 2, and 3 Sci consoles

ok I have a couple questions about the threat scaling sci consoles you can get from your fleet's embassy.... how do the procs work and do they stack.... say I put 3 of the science consoles on that all add a 2.5% chance to proc Plasma Fire, is that 2.5 for EACH console or will the lesser returns take over ?

Im considering getting these consoles and coupling the plasma burn with say... Phasers... or maybe Disruptors I guess... depending on the ship

and strangely enough I am liking having the complete Omega Adapted Tech set.... so far I am liking the plasma dot... I'm just looking into ways of allowing me to continue doing what I do but adding something else that needs to be dealt with, Im also looking at the Omega Rep Tier 4 passive for Kinetic Damage....and the Romulan Rep Tier 4 Placate

just seems like it might be fun... its neat to try new things

virusdancer 12-21-2012 10:22 PM

I'd like to know about the consoles as well.

Can each proc? Does it just give you more chances for one to proc? (Yeah, that looks like a DOFF discussion, eh? Lolwell.)

shookyang 12-22-2012 11:23 AM

I keep forgetting to check that. I have the Power Insulator and Emitter Array plasma consoles. When I have time tonight, I will check this.

wolfpack12c 12-22-2012 08:16 PM

If you have the 3 plasma proc/ damage cons it looks like this on the weapon

2.5% chance
2.5% chance
2.5% chance

I've also seen one hit I've done a volley and proc'ed a plasma burn with a 3 in the corner so I think each one is a different proc chance on each one

virusdancer 12-22-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack12c (Post 7201371)

2.5% chance
2.5% chance
2.5% chance

I've also seen one hit I've done a volley and proc'ed a plasma burn with a 3 in the corner so I think each one is a different proc chance on each one

That's pretty damn nifty to know.

I might have to think about being less irritating in the future - well, just think about it...lol.

shookyang 12-22-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack12c (Post 7201371)

2.5% chance
2.5% chance
2.5% chance

When I tested it last night, I also got the 3 in the corner, but that was with a single Embassy sci console.

virusdancer 12-22-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 7205871)
When I tested it last night, I also got the 3 in the corner, but that was with a single Embassy sci console.

That's not so damn nifty to know. :(

wolfpack12c 12-22-2012 11:44 PM

Well it adds the proc to every weapon so it makes a lot of sense both ways but still the plasma proc caps at 10 so it's not like you can really go over kill on it

shookyang 12-23-2012 03:39 AM

Especially when you are in combat space and look at your weapons. At that point, it says it does 0.03 plasma DOT.

With no buffs, we tested it while testing the Elite fleet shield vs MACO shield. In the time that my fleet mate cycled through two EPtS, his parser said I did about 2k in plasma damage.

spacepenguin121 12-23-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 7207011)
Especially when you are in combat space and look at your weapons. At that point, it says it does 0.03 plasma DOT.

With no buffs, we tested it while testing the Elite fleet shield vs MACO shield. In the time that my fleet mate cycled through two EPtS, his parser said I did about 2k in plasma damage.

The plasma DOT should be around 60-70 depending how many points you have in particle generators and your current weapon power. Do you know how many times it proc'd during the test and how much damage it was doing per tic? Also, if I recall correctly the plasma DOT is applied directly to hull, so it would be helpful to know what the targets hull resists are at.