Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Ultra Rare Carrier Pets (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=495591)

lordgyor 12-24-2012 11:14 AM

Ultra Rare Carrier Pets

According to STO Wiki you can get Ultra Rare Carrier Pets at your fleet Star base once it has some kind of communications Array.

Unfortunately it doesn't say how these pets are different from rare and very rare pets. Does anyone know anything about these pets?

balordezul 12-24-2012 11:43 AM

Sadly we have never been giving a chance to see what they are like and as it is harder for KDFs to level up a star base do to lack of a highly active group.

The first true very rare will be out with the scorpion fighter on the Romulan rep but I don't know anyone how has gotten one yet.

If someone is at tier 5 Romulan can you post up what the mission costs to get that fighter?

starkaos 12-24-2012 11:43 AM

It is Tier 5 Communications Array. So what is different between the ultra rare carrier pets and the others is only evident in the Scorpion Fighter since only the devs know which pets are available and what the stats are for the others. The rare scorpion has Plasma Pulse Cannons and Plasma Torpedoes. The very rare scorpion has Plasma Pulse Cannons, Dual Plasma Cannons, and Plasma Torpedoes. The Ultra-Rare Scorpion has Plasma Turret, Dual Plasma Cannons, Plasma Torpedoes, and Torpedo High Yield. Basically the way that these are different from rare and very rare is that they have an extra skill, weapon, or buff over the others.

balordezul 12-24-2012 11:58 AM

starkaos

What does the Ultra-Rare Scorpion cost for the mission if you have that info?

Also thanks for the insight.

starkaos 12-24-2012 12:27 PM

Don't have the info for that. Got that info from a picture under STO Discussion about Romulan Reputation. The image is here. Will know that information later this week.

balordezul 12-24-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7223491)
Don't have the info for that. Got that info from a picture under STO Discussion about Romulan Reputation. The image is here. Will know that information later this week.

Thanks, I have been on vacation for two weeks new so I'm a little behind but the insight is great.

HAHAHA Oh god the high yield on the scorps will being killing themselves.

stirling191 12-24-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balordezul (Post 7223871)

HAHAHA Oh god the high yield on the scorps will being killing themselves.

As if the casualty rate among STO fighter pilots wasn't high enough already.

lordgyor 12-24-2012 09:50 PM

My Slavers seem to have no problem dodging plasma torpedoes most of the time.

If I have to guess then I'm betting my Slavers at the Fleet level will be either able to steal something new, like fleet marks and or beam over load or one of the mine powers. This is just a guess based on the ultra rare socropian fighters.

balordezul 12-25-2012 10:18 AM

If they can dodge them that would be great but even if you kill themselves they will still be doing more DSP than the lower quality fighter.

ddesjardins 12-25-2012 01:38 PM

I have the very rare scorpions - very nice. Three weapons, plasma beam, cannons and plasma torpedoes.

Bloody expensive, but worth it.

The DPS is substantially higher than the advanced peregrines, delta and even my runabouts.