Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   The Fed wide angle Quantum and the need for a KDF Hargh'peng (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=496381)

rononma 12-25-2012 02:22 PM

The Fed wide angle Quantum and the need for a KDF Hargh'peng

So, the Fed's have had a wide angle quantum just for them for awhile now. I want a Hargh'peng that's wide angle and upgrade-able with high yield and spread :D

patrickngo 12-25-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rononma (Post 7233351)
So, the Fed's have had a wide angle quantum just for them for awhile now. I want a Hargh'peng that's wide angle and upgrade-able with high yield and spread :D

Um...why? the fed torp's a crutch to make up for the general lack of manuever in their top tier capital ships. WE have (aside from the Craptastic Bortasque bundle and the Vo'quv) a fine selection of ships that can actually bring cannons (and torps) to bear-even in PvP.

we don't need to lower our standards to match the Federation's inability to build a decent Battlecruiser. (aka the Bortasque lesson).

we don't need a crutch.

veruler 12-25-2012 03:20 PM

LOL, awesome.

rononma 12-25-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickngo (Post 7233601)
Um...why? the fed torp's a crutch to make up for the general lack of manuever in their top tier capital ships. WE have (aside from the Craptastic Bortasque bundle and the Vo'quv) a fine selection of ships that can actually bring cannons (and torps) to bear-even in PvP.

we don't need to lower our standards to match the Federation's inability to build a decent Battlecruiser. (aka the Bortasque lesson).

we don't need a crutch.

Ok, I can see that. How about a Hargh'peng that's upgrade-able then? :D

hereticknight085 12-25-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rononma (Post 7233921)
Ok, I can see that. How about a Hargh'peng that's upgrade-able then? :D

Get the torp at level 50. You will get a mk XI torp.

rononma 12-25-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 7234611)
Get the torp at level 50. You will get a mk XI torp.

Thanks!
I meant with high yield and spread though ;)

patrickngo 12-25-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rononma (Post 7234641)
Thanks!
I meant with high yield and spread though ;)

The Har'peng's a gimmick, we don't need a gimmick past about L40 (and if you do, there's the rep-store torps.)

lianthelia 12-26-2012 02:13 PM

Perhaps they could at least add getting a MK XII from the Doff missions if one crits on it.

f2pdrakron 12-26-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 7245141)
Perhaps they could at least add getting a MK XII from the Doff missions if one crits on it.

I pretty sure I got one ... same stats as the Mk XI one, might be rarity with a Mk XI Blue vs a Mk.XI Purple but still the exact same stats.

As it said, its a Gimmick weapon.

thissler 12-26-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2pdrakron (Post 7246361)
I pretty sure I got one ... same stats as the Mk XI one, might be rarity with a Mk XI Blue vs a Mk.XI Purple but still the exact same stats.

As it said, its a Gimmick weapon.

I highlighted a bit there.

What's it mean?