Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   First Foundry Mission: Finding Lascaux (1/2) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=496551)

gulberat 12-25-2012 08:25 PM

First Foundry Mission: Finding Lascaux (1/2)

Title: Finding Lascaux (1/2)
Author: gulberat
Level: 35+
Language: English
Time: 60 minutes?
Eligible for officer's reports: EDIT--YES
Type: Light space combat, no ground combat. Dialogue/story-heavy. This mission is meant for people who enjoy reading a story.

Description: Though some now serve capably as Starfleet officers, mystery surrounds the Pakleds and how they came to be found drifting nearly helpless amongst the stars capable of seemingly little, yet alive.

The Federation and the Cardassians have tasked you with finding the remnants of their history--and bringing the interveners to account.

There will hopefully be a second episode someday...but dang, I'm worn out from building this one!

I am not a Foundry wizard, but I hope you will enjoy the story nonetheless, and see some things in a different light.

Oh--and why are the Cardassians involved in this? Just watch "Samaritan Snare." Is that Starfleet diplomacy and science at its best? Really?

gulberat 12-27-2012 09:41 AM

Since I am new to the Foundry, what do you guys typically do to get your missions out of review status?

Also, I can't even figure out where--other than actually searching under "Finding Lascaux"--my mission is showing up on the Review Content list. I don't see it when scrolling through the list, though I know it's there when I search.

zorbane 12-27-2012 09:50 AM

get friends and fleetmates to play is the easiest wa

gulberat 12-27-2012 11:42 PM

I plan to bring it up at my fleet meeting on Sunday.

Any idea why I don't see my mission on the title list under review content (why it got buried)? Selecting newest first didn't re-order the review-content missions the way it does under the normal "browse all" function. Is this a bug?

zahinder 12-28-2012 07:36 AM

Did you click 'become a reviewer'?

gulberat 12-28-2012 08:53 AM

I did, yes. I can find my mission when I do a specific search by name for it, but not otherwise.

drogyn1701 12-28-2012 09:01 AM

I'll give it a play this weekend. From now on I refuse to play missions unless they are under five reviews or show the red text.

Join the Revolution! Just say no to Dilithium.

Anyway. The search definitely has some quirks. One time I asked Evil70th to review a mission. He searched for the exact title and it came up with two missions and he initially started playing the wrong one. I'm not sure what all it searches, if it's just mission title or if it includes words in the description. Honestly you're better off searching by author name.

gulberat 12-28-2012 09:21 AM

BTW, one of my fleetmates played and rated it, and it got easier to search.

But, the search does still seem buggy. Sort by top rating does not do anything of the sort. Doesn't change the order, doesn't do anything. ;)

And thanks for your kindness in being willing to play it. I recently played someone's "in review" mission too, and I think I will make a rule of doing one "in review" mission for each one that does earn the rewards. My fleet needs my dilithium (we're trying to upgrade to Tier III right now), but that way it should be fair.

Oh, and if you see a typo or missing word or something like that in the dialogue, would you mind jotting down a note as to where you saw it, and messaging me in-game with it? My first reviewer said he saw some. I pride myself in correct spelling, so I'd like to know so I can get it corrected. ;)

drogyn1701 12-28-2012 09:55 AM

Will do, I know its frustrating when people say "You have typos" and they don't really have the space to tell you where. So I'll make a nice in-depth review and put it in the mail for you.

gulberat 12-28-2012 10:38 AM

Cool...thanks. :)