Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   MMORPG's Updates over the Holidays (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=49665)

Archived Post 01-04-2010 03:06 PM

MMORPG's Updates over the Holidays

Dana Massey at MMORPG has been writing up a storm about Star Trek Online. Check out his three-part preview, as well as his interview with Jack Emmert about Klingon gameplay.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 03:37 PM

first boom!!

Archived Post 01-04-2010 03:50 PM

I really enjoyed these articles. He calls out a few things that need fixing, but all in all seemed to enjoy himself. =)

Archived Post 01-04-2010 04:05 PM

Ah finally some details about the how the game flows, thats what Ive been wondering this whole time.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 04:08 PM

this is old. pretty bad we have to scour different sites to find out information on your game. you couldnt update for 2 weeks on stuff you posted on OTHER sites. its bad enough you dont tell us anything on sto forums an now you dont even update your own site. is this an indication of the kind of updates we are going to get in game after launch? dont give me the fact it was the holidays because you werent to busy to hold interviews with other companies or web sites.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_quack
this is old. pretty bad we have to scour different sites to find out information on your game. you couldnt update for 2 weeks on stuff you posted on OTHER sites. its bad enough you dont tell us anything on sto forums an now you dont even update your own site. is this an indication of the kind of updates we are going to get in game after launch? dont give me the fact it was the holidays because you werent to busy to hold interviews with other companies or web sites.

Um, it was the holidays. Any interviews that showed up over the holidays were answered before then. Anything that's not an interview was written by people who don't work here, and we can't control their holiday schedules.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_quack
this is old. .

The end of Dana's article flow was submitted 5 days ago. I can also see why Rekhan selected to showcase these articles in particular...

These articles were published by one of the most prominent game journalists on one of the most prominent MMO sites. Since Dana treaded lightly with little speculation while also touching upon many sensitive subjects, using Cryptic's own remarks on the issues, it's not surprising that this is the news Cryptic would want to showcase.

Marketing types can be shifty, sure, but I don't see this particular case meriting such a negative reaction.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 05:14 PM

Already been read can we get something new rather then the same stuff over and over again.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 08:37 PM

The MMORPG article was pretty good and seems honest... and it concerns me a great deal. We're a month out from launch and it seems more and more like we're getting half a finished MMO. We'll see when open beta starts, but all indications so far seem like this game needs 6+ more months of work.

Archived Post 01-04-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekhan
Um, it was the holidays. Any interviews that showed up over the holidays were answered before then. Anything that's not an interview was written by people who don't work here, and we can't control their holiday schedules.

ok, i will believe that. you do get points for responding. i will be vocal about the responce as cryptic is getting a bad reputation for lack of communication.