Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Liberated Borg (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=496671)

kaerithia 12-26-2012 01:30 AM

Liberated Borg

Greetings Captains

I got a little question...I've read that there is an playable Borg race ingame. But I can't find them in Zen Shop or in the "normal" charakter selection. Is there still a way for me to purchase them? I really like them and I want to play one of those assimilating freaks.

Best regards
Ensign Kaerithia

oldkirkfan 12-26-2012 01:38 AM

It is a Vet reward.You get it with a Life Time Sub.

Other than that, you're out of luck.

**Edit** Defalus is right... Changed post to reflect.

defalus 12-26-2012 01:40 AM

The Liberated Borg playable characters are only available to those who buy a lifetime account.

kaerithia 12-26-2012 01:46 AM

Greetings again

so all I have to do is purchase a lifetime abo? Interesting.

Thanks a lot

Best regards
Ensign Kaerithia

starkaos 12-26-2012 02:03 AM

The lifetime subscription is required for the liberated borg captain. However, it is possible to borgify any female federation captain and obtain some liberated borg for your crew. The Seven of Nine costume pack only works on female federation characters and gives the hand implant, eye implant, and star implant on Seven of Nine's face so you can partially assimilate your bridge officers if they are female. There is a liberated borg engineering bridge officer that is female and obtained through the C-Store. There is a liberated borg science bridge officer that is male and obtained by dying in a certain location in the Khitomer Accord Ground STF. You just have to enter a certain location and it will kill you automatically and give you an accolade that can be turned in at a contact for the bridge officer. There is also a rare duty officer assignment that gives a random liberated borg duty officer if you crit it. Getting the blue and purple duty officers from the B'Tran Colonial chain will give female liberated borg caitians or borg kitties as they are commonly known. There was liberated borg duty officers that could be purchased from the Omega Store, but that was temporarily taken out when Season 7 went live and we don't know when the devs will implement them to the new system.

anazonda 12-26-2012 02:19 AM

Shortcut to getting a "kinda-like Liberated Borg":
  • Buy 7-of-9 costume from C-Store.
  • Create new Alien Female Character (Male wont be allowed to use the 7o9 costume piece) with Efficient (to approximate the LTS borg)
  • Give the char the "Infected skin" type, and add 7o9 pieces

There... Semi Liberated Borg... Only downside is that you can't get the borg stun ability, but you know... meh.

loverofwars 12-26-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaerithia (Post 7237791)
Greetings Captains

I got a little question...I've read that there is an playable Borg race ingame. But I can't find them in Zen Shop or in the "normal" charakter selection. Is there still a way for me to purchase them? I really like them and I want to play one of those assimilating freaks.

Best regards
Ensign Kaerithia

sorry to tell you but playing borg you cant go assimilating

kaerithia 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loverofwars (Post 7238291)
sorry to tell you but playing borg you cant go assimilating

I know. It was just an...explanation. It was a bit over powered if you can assimilat others ingame. But thanks for the hint.

@starkaos
Thanks for the hints. That ould help me a lot to create a "Borg infected crew"

@anazonda
Mmmh sure...but it's not really the same you know. It's like a picture of an ice cream. It lokks like an ice cream but it's not.

anazonda 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaerithia (Post 7239111)
@anazonda
Mmmh sure...but it's not really the same you know. It's like a picture of an ice cream. It lokks like an ice cream but it's not.

Well actually, it's the other way around...

With the LTS Borg, you get the picture, with the alien, you get the ice-cream.

Why?

Simple: With The LTS Borg, you're stuck with 2 traits, that you can't change. There is litteraly only a few props setting Alien and LTS Borg apart...

pwecangetlost 12-26-2012 05:22 AM

Sorry to derail slightly, but does anyone know why the seven of nine set was never made usable my males (specifically the implants, but the whole set would be intereting. :P)?
Its not like they would hold any great controversy over cross dressing (having seen the cropped winter jacket thread :P) or look terribly out of place, surely?