Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Tribble owners beware! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=496801)

macnut87 12-26-2012 05:59 AM

Tribble owners beware!
 
I had my cannibal tribble equipped to one of my officers to avoid it eating my tribble collection however with the recent update it somehow ended up in my bank along with a winter tribble that was equipped to my science bridge officer.

I logged into my bank just before to find all my ultra rare (purple) tribbles safe but was surprised to find my cannibal tribble with an evil grin on it's face sitting with my science officer's winter tribble on one side and 18 carcasses on the other having eaten all my green and blue quality tribbles :mad:

Everything I have read has said that cannibals only eat common (white) and uncommon (green) tribbles and does not attack rare (blue) or ultra rare (purple) tribbles so why did my rare tribbles end up as dinner was there an update that made the rare tribbles more appealing to the teethy little fellows? :confused:

Also the IDIC tribble is blue quality so can it end up as dinner too? :confused::confused:

psymantis 12-26-2012 06:33 AM

A cannibal Tribble eats any other Tribble except special ones like Borg or Crossfire etc. The IDIC one should be safe along with any other unique ones. It will eat any non-unique ones whatever the colour so beware. Beware!

robeasom 12-26-2012 06:34 AM

Look on the bright side if your KDF trade the carcasses for dilithium

mailman650 12-26-2012 07:19 AM

Yeah, what Robe said! You get a pretty good return for Tribble carcasses.

squidheadjax 12-26-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robeasom (Post 7239971)
Look on the bright side if your KDF trade the carcasses for dilithium

What mission trades the carcasses for dilithium? The Security Officer tribble bounty mission rewards latinum.

As an aside, I love the description of the failure outcome for that mission - your officer gets confined to quarters because he was accused of breeding tribbles specifically to collect the bounty. Which is what i do...

monkeybone13 12-26-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macnut87 (Post 7239641)
I had my cannibal tribble equipped to one of my officers to avoid it eating my tribble collection however with the recent update it somehow ended up in my bank along with a winter tribble that was equipped to my science bridge officer.

I logged into my bank just before to find all my ultra rare (purple) tribbles safe but was surprised to find my cannibal tribble with an evil grin on it's face sitting with my science officer's winter tribble on one side and 18 carcasses on the other having eaten all my green and blue quality tribbles :mad:

Everything I have read has said that cannibals only eat common (white) and uncommon (green) tribbles and does not attack rare (blue) or ultra rare (purple) tribbles so why did my rare tribbles end up as dinner was there an update that made the rare tribbles more appealing to the teethy little fellows? :confused:

Also the IDIC tribble is blue quality so can it end up as dinner too? :confused::confused:

You must have placed them in there by mistake and don't remember. I have never once had an item equipped on my character or bridge officers suddenly on its own be moved to my bank. The only way for that to happen is from the player doing it themselves. Edit: I would say lag may have played a role in it but still for that to have happened you would have needed to actually be doing something with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidheadjax (Post 7240801)
What mission trades the carcasses for dilithium? The Security Officer tribble bounty mission rewards latinum.

As an aside, I love the description of the failure outcome for that mission - your officer gets confined to quarters because he was accused of breeding tribbles specifically to collect the bounty. Which is what i do...

The Tribble Bounty KDF doff assignment rewards 1,000 Gold Pressed Latinum, 5 Dilithium, skill points, and Trade commendation XP. You earn more upon critical success.
http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Tribble_Bounty

lordmalak1 12-26-2012 01:29 PM

I keep my cannibals in stasis. (email attachments)

I just wish I could remember to keep my ketracel white under lock and key.

theroyalfamily 12-26-2012 04:56 PM

Why don't cannibal tribbles eat each other? My KDF toon has like six of them. They should eat each other until only one is standing :D

centersolace 12-26-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfamily (Post 7247191)
Why don't cannibal tribbles eat each other? My KDF toon has like six of them. They should eat each other until only one is standing :D

Maybe we could have an Eppoh/Horta/Tribble combat mechanic! :D

I'm totally joking I hope you guys know.

squidheadjax 12-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybone13 (Post 7244221)
The Tribble Bounty KDF doff assignment rewards 1,000 Gold Pressed Latinum, 5 Dilithium, skill points, and Trade commendation XP. You earn more upon critical success.
http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Tribble_Bounty

Ok, what I meant to ask was "a meaningful quantity of dilithium" ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM.