Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Please give us polymorph-on-demand after the winter event (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=497521)

momaw 12-26-2012 11:48 PM

Please give us polymorph-on-demand after the winter event

Given the endless harmless fun of being able to polymorph, I would love if there was a "polymorph device" that we could buy that would let us turn into random things on demand. :)

hereticknight085 12-26-2012 11:50 PM

Lol, I can imagine it now... running around only to be randomly accosted by a devidian... only the screen isn't glowing blue... and to be just wandering Q'onos and suddenly get attacked by a dozen tormented souls XD.

I APPROVE GREATLY!!!!

darramouss1 12-29-2012 07:37 AM

I vote no. This is Star Trek, not Star Zoo. I can understand Q actually polymorphibg people, but a device? What next, a device that summons my little ponies?

elandarksky 12-29-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darramouss1 (Post 7277021)
I vote no. This is Star Trek, not Star Zoo. I can understand Q actually polymorphibg people, but a device? What next, a device that summons my little ponies?

well we do get a device in the form of hologram skins.. :D

But yeah, agreed, we are not undine/hortas running around ESD/First City >.>

voyagerfan9751 12-29-2012 08:03 AM

I am in the no group as well. I have nothing against polymorphing, but the fun of it is that it is Q, being... Well Q.

If you have the ability to do it all the time, it takes the fun out of it when Q does it.

Now I have to say (since I assume Q will be back for the 3rd year anniversary). Q needs to up his game. I would love it if we could polymorph into an epohh or Tholian as well as all the other random things we can.

xcom43 12-29-2012 11:23 AM

No polymorph plane and simple we do not need any more bugs in the game then what we all ready have as is.

sollvax 12-29-2012 11:27 AM

please no more Q

alexsanderita 12-30-2012 08:05 AM

No, for the already mentioned reasons:

Quote:

Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 (Post 7277261)
I am in the no group as well. I have nothing against polymorphing, but the fun of it is that it is Q, being... Well Q.

If you have the ability to do it all the time, it takes the fun out of it when Q does it.

It's a great majority, not to say almost unanimity.

However the effect should be added in the Foundry to render true holographic disguises for infiltration mission.

The stock, flashing effect is silly, who would not alert immediately when seeing a supposed comrade flashing?

I can understand the limit of flashing using holograms outside missions, but let authors create believable missions in which you really disguise yourself and not cry "spy here" with a light signal.

maicake716 12-30-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darramouss1 (Post 7277021)

as long as that little pony is a diamond pony....

-handsome jack-

foundrelic 12-30-2012 10:33 PM

I'd rather there be a device that lets you recharge your personal Holo-costumes.

I like my drone costume and I'd like to be able to play around with it for more than an hour total.

Make it a pay(Latinum) option but significantly less than it costs to buy a whole new unit.