Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   [Spoiler]New Romulus Tier V mission (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=497621)

mrspidey2 12-27-2012 04:58 AM

[Spoiler]New Romulus Tier V mission

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed that cutscene. And it seems like Cryptic got inspired a bit by Prometheus with the holographic recordings and how they were being projected right into the actual environment.
That was one of the (very few) good parts about that movie.

We also finally got our first glimpse of an Iconian, even though it was just a blue, shining silhouette. The small E.T.-like creatures where Dewans, I suppose?

On a technical note, I appreciated seeing D'Tan's face inside of his EV-suit. Any chance we can have that for our charatcers as well?

azurianstar 12-27-2012 05:23 AM

I did too, that was a really interesting cutscene. Our first appearance of an Iconian, well as clear as pictures of bigfoot. :P

Though how did the Iconian go through the gateway before it was turned on, which resulted in the planetary disaster?

Also, it seemed lazy that the Tier 5 cutscene was in the Tier 4 zone than it's own area. Instead of replaying the Tier 4 mission, why not copy the Tier 4 zone, remove the Tholians (since you stopped them), and have some new obstacles in getting to the gate room?

titus1608 12-27-2012 05:31 AM

I for one haven't seen Prometheus, but I have seen holographic recordings using the environment somewhere before, so the idea doesn't come from that movie.

But I can't remember where I have seen that before...it was about 2-4 years back.

I guess it was in some science fiction series like stargate or something.

auricius 12-27-2012 05:53 AM

Care to throw a screenshot at us? Reputation projects are not on my priority list, but I'd definitely be interested in finally catching a glimpse of an Iconian. :)

Cheers.

idontcarenoforum 12-27-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auricius (Post 7251301)
Care to throw a screenshot at us? Reputation projects are not on my priority list, but I'd definitely be interested in finally catching a glimpse of an Iconian. :)

Cheers.

You might wanna speed that up.

You get 30k dil ore and 750 Rom Marks for completing tier 5.

luxchristian 12-27-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idontcarenoforum (Post 7251381)
You might wanna speed that up.

You get 30k dil ore and 750 Rom Marks for completing tier 5.

Wow, that is cool :-)

I really like what Cryptic did with the cutszenes in the Romulan grind :-)

captainrevo1 12-27-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 7251191)
I did too, that was a really interesting cutscene. Our first appearance of an Iconian, well as clear as pictures of bigfoot. :P

Though how did the Iconian go through the gateway before it was turned on, which resulted in the planetary disaster?

Its written in the lore accolades in the tier 3 mission.

spoilers

the gateway used to work just fine. the iconians conquered this planet and the dewan saw them as gods (they were the natural inhabitants of the planet) until the alliance attacked them and forced the iconians out, just as they attacked iconnia. the iconaian fled as the fleet was attacking them from orbit.

this attack probably set the dewan's civilization back a fair bit. generations later the dewan re-found the gate and then used it. either through damage or a lack of understanding, that caused the disaster which destroyed their people.

anazonda 12-27-2012 06:40 AM

Are you kidding... The cutscene alone (and the 32K Dil) made the grind worth while...

thay8472 12-27-2012 07:07 AM

While im going to most likely get shot for saying I liked prometheus (ducks for cover)

that cutscene was epic.

vesolc 12-27-2012 07:12 AM

So, I must do missions to get that dil ?:eek: