Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   In-Game Co-ordinates convert to Foundry Co-ordinates (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=497881)

ghqcommand 12-27-2012 11:43 AM

In-Game Co-ordinates convert to Foundry Co-ordinates

Hey folks.

First of I need to ask for some help/advice related to the Facility 4028 map but it is related to co-ordinates.

Typing /loc in game will show a position much like "-128 0 -59". However to get an NPC to show on the same spot I need to use something more like "-54 -10 -12".

Is there a conversion tool?

I know it is basic maths but I would need the ratio and to get that I would need to position my character in the exact same place as an npc object on foundry. I considered a chair, perfecting the position of the foundry character then using the co-ordinates.

Then I thought lets go on the forum and discuss this. Mainly because even when my NPC seem to be placed well, they vanish through the floor on engaging in battle. or some of them do, it is very random. So two questions really. Advice/info on establishing good foundry co-ordinates using the ones in-game and Facility 4028 worth working with or will my NPC vanishing issue be fixed by improved positioning?

Thanks in advance for help on this.

drogyn1701 12-27-2012 11:48 AM

Kirkfat made a tutorial about this:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ect-placement/

kirksplat 12-27-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghqcommand (Post 7256411)
Hey folks.

First of I need to ask for some help/advice related to the Facility 4028 map but it is related to co-ordinates.

Typing /loc in game will show a position much like "-128 0 -59". However to get an NPC to show on the same spot I need to use something more like "-54 -10 -12".

Is there a conversion tool?

I know it is basic maths but I would need the ratio and to get that I would need to position my character in the exact same place as an npc object on foundry. I considered a chair, perfecting the position of the foundry character then using the co-ordinates.

Then I thought lets go on the forum and discuss this. Mainly because even when my NPC seem to be placed well, they vanish through the floor on engaging in battle. or some of them do, it is very random.

Thanks in advance for help on this.

You can get a reliable result by multiplying the first and last number by 3.28 or 3.281 (to be more exact). The y value is unreliable.

ghqcommand 12-27-2012 11:53 AM

Great heading to that tutorial.

It is the Y I need. This Facility 4028 has 3 levels and although I think they are 0, -25 and -50 I'm getting bad behavior from NPC.

Maybe it is just the map but I'd like to figure it out in detail then write it up for anyone else planning to use this map.

Thanks

ghqcommand 12-27-2012 12:07 PM

I watched the tutorial but as you said it does not apply to Y however the whole 3.28 is good information.

Now I'm considering the Y co-ordinate maths being possible by it needing to be figured out per map.

I've just found NPC to be under the ground and above the roof, none in middle (feet on the floor), despite being a group and each object having the same co-ordinates. So I think it is safe to say that Facility 4028 is not easy to work with which might waste a lot of hours I've already spent on this.

Dam lol

kirksplat 12-27-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghqcommand (Post 7256831)
I watched the tutorial but as you said it does not apply to Y however the whole 3.28 is good information.

Now I'm considering the Y co-ordinate maths being possible by it needing to be figured out per map.

I've just found NPC to be under the ground and above the roof, none in middle (feet on the floor), despite being a group and each object having the same co-ordinates. So I think it is safe to say that Facility 4028 is not easy to work with which might waste a lot of hours I've already spent on this.

Dam lol

You might have better luck just setting the y to zero and messing about with the different "relative to" options.

markhawkman 12-27-2012 02:23 PM

Whenever I have "issues" with relative i switch to absolute.