Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Hangar Pets: Console and Doff modifiers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=498021)

tribbleorlfl 12-27-2012 01:40 PM

Hangar Pets: Console and Doff modifiers

Hi, I've been flying my Armitage carrier for about a month now after flying nothing but cruisers before and am loving it. I am curious, though, do consoles and doffs (other than the obvious flight deck officers) modify carrier pet stats at all? In other words, if I equip say a plasma energy and/or torp tac console, will my advanced scorpion fighters get the same plasma cannon and torp bonus damage that the main ship gets? If I were to get advanced danubes and put a tractor beam doff on duty, would their tractor beams get the same additional shield damage that the main ship tractor would? I got some conflicting information on zone and fleet chat this morning.

Does the combat log track carrier pet info in order to test?

Thanks!

errab 12-27-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl (Post 7258751)
Hi, I've been flying my Armitage carrier for about a month now after flying nothing but cruisers before and am loving it. I am curious, though, do consoles and doffs (other than the obvious flight deck officers) modify carrier pet stats at all? In other words, if I equip say a plasma energy and/or torp tac console, will my advanced scorpion fighters get the same plasma cannon and torp bonus damage that the main ship gets? If I were to get advanced danubes and put a tractor beam doff on duty, would their tractor beams get the same additional shield damage that the main ship tractor would? I got some conflicting information on zone and fleet chat this morning.

Does the combat log track carrier pet info in order to test?

Thanks!

Nope...

It would be nice if we could have a bit more customizability with our Hanger support

sophlogimo 12-27-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl (Post 7258751)
Hi, I've been flying my Armitage carrier for about a month now after flying nothing but cruisers before and am loving it. I am curious, though, do consoles and doffs (other than the obvious flight deck officers) modify carrier pet stats at all? [...]

No, the only way to affect your consoles (as far as the game claims) is by using flight deck duty officers. It is unsure if all of them work, though - the accuracy-increasing-ones don't seem to.

momaw 12-27-2012 03:23 PM

Somebody suggested making a "heavy carrier" class/refit, that would have console or boff slots specifically devoted to improving your pets. This idea intrigues me.

gavinruneblade 12-27-2012 03:59 PM

Attack pattern beta gives a resistance debuff to your target, which has a net effect of buffing your fighter damage.

lonnehart 12-27-2012 04:01 PM

Wait... so all those Chroniton torpedoes my Artimage's compliment of Danube Shuttles have been firing come with them? I thought they fired microphotons, but I guess I was wrong...

sophlogimo 12-27-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnehart (Post 7260411)
Wait... so all those Chroniton torpedoes my Artimage's compliment of Danube Shuttles have been firing come with them? I thought they fired microphotons, but I guess I was wrong...

The energy-credit-bought (default) versions come with microphotons. The Dilithium-bought versions of the Danubes fire chronitons.

thepantsparty 12-27-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavinruneblade (Post 7260371)
Attack pattern beta gives a resistance debuff to your target, which has a net effect of buffing your fighter damage.

This and the disruptor weapon proc are the main ways to increase the damage of your fighters.