Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Star Trek discusion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=499641)

jumpingjs 12-29-2012 10:18 AM

Star Trek discusion
 
Any of you seen a VOY episode , cannot remember what it is called , got the word scporion in it. Where they meet 7 of 9 . Do you agree or disagree with Janeways decision. I woul like some feedback before I make my mind up.

sollvax 12-29-2012 10:25 AM

its called Scorpion

and no Id have vapourised the whole damn cube and given the Undine the means to finish the job

thlaylierah 12-29-2012 11:11 AM

The Borg are a Plague!

I would have had Picard up on treason charges for not virusing Hugh and sending him back as well.

cmdrscarlet 12-29-2012 11:12 AM

In my opinion ...

If you mean the alliance with the Borg ... yes, I agree. The primary objective was to get home and "the Northwest Passage" was a means to that end. Faced with the new threat, and knowing a fight with the Borg was inevitable anyway then "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach was a wise option to employ.

Besides, we got 7 of 9 for the rest of the series :)

sollvax 12-29-2012 11:14 AM

could have removed BOTH enemies if she had been a bit more intelligent

and seven was of course a major threat AND a delaying factor in getting home

marcusdkane 12-29-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet (Post 7279291)
In my opinion ...

If you mean the alliance with the Borg ... yes, I agree. The primary objective was to get home and "the Northwest Passage" was a means to that end. Faced with the new threat, and knowing a fight with the Borg was inevitable anyway then "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach was a wise option to employ.

Besides, we got 7 of 9 for the rest of the series :)

I agree, it was a deal with the devil, because the only other option, was simply to call it a day and start living in the Delta Quadrant, as Borg space was an all or nothing venture. They had to do something, so something they did...

My one major beef, was that Seven was de-assimilated. From a story perspective, I would have found the character more plausible had she remained as a full, albeit disconnected, drone. The fact that the Doctor said he removed over 80% of the Borg hardware, yet she still just happened to have whatever the plot required, got a bit tedious after a while, as did the wearing of the catsuits... She could've either worn Kes' handmedowns, or other suitable civilian attire, rather than the catsuit...

sollvax 12-29-2012 11:52 AM

Seven should have been blown out an airlock and phasered into molecules

Borg is Borg

as to a deal with the devil

"remodulate the deflector array and collapse fluidic space around the borg ships "
thus killing BOTH races

its what The real captains would have done (well actually picard would have negotiated a three way peace over tea and cake )

marcusdkane 12-29-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 7279911)
Seven should have been blown out an airlock and phasered into molecules

To be fair to Captain Kate, she did give the order to depressurize the area, and Seven was nearly spaced... I just wish they'd kept her as a drone, rather than a Swiss Army Bunny...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 7279911)
as to a deal with the devil

"remodulate the deflector array and collapse fluidic space around the borg ships "
thus killing BOTH races

its what The real captains would have done (well actually picard would have negotiated a three way peace over tea and cake )

Wasn't really any need to kill the Undine, they had every right to be hostile, simply leaving them to deal with the Borg would have been the easiest option (but still wouldn't've allowed Voyager to cross Borg Space...) Oh well...

centersolace 12-29-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusdkane (Post 7282421)
Wasn't really any need to kill the Undine, they had every right to be hostile, simply leaving them to deal with the Borg would have been the easiest option (but still wouldn't've allowed Voyager to cross Borg Space...) Oh well...

I never thought the Undine worked as villains either. It's kind of hard to vilify something when you agree with it. :P So no. I don't agree with Capt'n Kate there.

I don't even agree Picards decision in "Hugh". Are Viruses living creatures? Do they have a right to exist? Who cares!!! They're dangerous things programmed to consume. They need to be destroyed.

sollvax 12-29-2012 04:24 PM

A virus is NOT technically alive


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.