Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Romulan Torp: Working as Intended (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=500181)

avarseir 12-29-2012 09:48 PM

Romulan Torp: Working as Intended

This is a plea to cryptic not to do anything to this wonderful weapon, it is fine as it is and working as intended.

I know some pvp whiners out there are complaining about this unfair weapon which shoots too fast.

I have a solution to satisfy everyone: Make this weapon unusable for PVP. This way doesn't ruin PVE for us and stop the PVP whiners from crying.

born2bwild1 12-29-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avarseir (Post 7284931)
This is a plea to cryptic not to do anything to this wonderful weapon, it is fine as it is and working as intended.

I know some pvp whiners out there are complaining about this unfair weapon which shoots too fast.

I have a solution to satisfy everyone: Make this weapon unusable for PVP. This way doesn't ruin PVE for us and stop the PVP whiners from crying.

That's it!! I have had it up to here with PvP whinners - whine whine whine and then Cryptic comes out and nerfs almost everything they ask.

One time a way back Borticus came on the PvP forum and said to them - Tough - this "thing" is staying like it is - and your going to take it hard!!

Man that time I was like 'yes Borticus -your the man ! '

But I don't know lately he's been giving in to them all the time

Please for the love of pete Borticus - let me come on again and see you make a post that will let me say again -"yes - you da man - tell it to them baby - tell them where they can take that torp!!"

fulleatherjacket 12-29-2012 09:58 PM

You know it's a really sad indictment of Cryptic's lust for nerfing things when we're already fearful and paranoid that they're going to take something awesome and nerf it before anyone has even complained about it.

born2bwild1 12-29-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket (Post 7285081)
You know it's a really sad indictment of Cryptic's lust for nerfing things when we're already fearful and paranoid that they're going to take something awesome and nerf it before anyone has even complained about it.

Well I will wait patiently and hope that Borticus comes out to any more PvP complainers and says:

"Sorry guys - It's working as Intended!!!"

Yeah Baby!!

starkaos 12-29-2012 10:26 PM

I heard of an exploit using this weapon that causes plasma torpedoes to keep on spawning. So anyone targeted by it would face destruction. Haven't seen it in action to confirm it exists, but if the devs fix this weapon, then it would be to fix the exploit.

born2bwild1 12-29-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7285401)
I heard of an exploit using this weapon that causes plasma torpedoes to keep on spawning. So anyone targeted by it would face destruction. Haven't seen it in action to confirm it exists, but if the devs fix this weapon, then it would be to fix the exploit.

If that is the case they should fix it - but i have seen torp spread of half a dozen HY torps - I love it - that I hope is working as intended and not this "exploit"

I think it's a fantastic weapon and the second thing I got when I got my first toon up to the rep level.

Bugs Fix, but powerful weapons that are great in PvE which is 98% of STO - leave as is - they are pissing a lot of people off by changing things based on a few PvP players concerns.

I must give cudos to some PvPers that work hard to test out new weapons - but when they want changes that take benefits from 98% of the player base so that things are the way 2% wants it - that crosses the line.

stirling191 12-29-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7285401)

You're confusing the way the weapon interacts with projectile doff officers with an exploit. The firing animation (the spawning of the three torps) is roughly 2 seconds long (give or take a smidge of a second), which is roughly equal to or slightly longer than it takes for the doff's proc to kick in. This can lead to the appearance of a constant stream of torps when you get chain procs, but in reality you're just firing the weapon on the internal torpedo gcd.

Back it up with a second fast firing torpedo, say an omega torp, to fill in the gaps when the hyper-torp doesn't proc, and you can send a rather hilarious amount of plasma torps down-range. But it is by no means the 100% fire-and-forget unending stream of plasma death that some hysterical players seem to think it is.

hypl 12-29-2012 10:59 PM

...Really? People are whining about this and can't just shoot them down? Seriously?

*shakes head*

You know, if you're actually getting hit by these things in PvP, you probably deserve it.

travelingmaster 12-29-2012 11:40 PM

I haven't seen widespread complaints about this torpedo amongst the PvP community, largely because most competent PvPers can deal with slow, destructible torpedoes. Rest assured, PvE heroes, your precious weapon probably won't be 'nerfed'.

However, this speaks to a deeper issue. If you need this weapon to succeed admirably in PvE, and a 'nerf' would actually make things difficult for you, then you're doing something wrong. I suggest you examine your own builds, rather than getting paranoid about nerfs and pointing fingers at the community that does its darndest to keep things balanced and working as they should be, while oblivious PvEers Kirk their hearts out against 'tough' STF enemies.

travelingmaster 12-29-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born2bwild1 (Post 7285011)
That's it!! I have had it up to here with PvP whinners - whine whine whine and then Cryptic comes out and nerfs almost everything they ask.

One time a way back Borticus came on the PvP forum and said to them - Tough - this "thing" is staying like it is - and your going to take it hard!!

Man that time I was like 'yes Borticus -your the man ! '

But I don't know lately he's been giving in to them all the time

Please for the love of pete Borticus - let me come on again and see you make a post that will let me say again -"yes - you da man - tell it to them baby - tell them where they can take that torp!!"

Cryptic doesn't 'give in' to PvPers. If that were the case, we would actually have a decent PvP system in this game, not the pathetic excuse for one we have now.

Borticus doesn't 'give in' to PvPers. He's a competent dev who insists that PvPers provide evidence that something is out of whack. THEN he takes action to correct it. Some things are blatantly obvious, and don't need a whole lot of discussion.

Any time a PvEer encounters a bug or imbalanced feature, they exploit the heck out of it and do little or nothing to document it and ensure it's fixed. See: PvEers using epic tricobalt spike damage to bypass steps in STFs (i.e., cheat).