Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Public que into failed Elite Stfs (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=500191)

drtassadar 12-29-2012 08:51 PM

Public que into failed Elite Stfs

So this has happened too many damned times. I join a public que, and more times than not, I join a fresh STF. Most of the time, I pass it with good teamwork.

The last two times I did Infected Space, I got put into the middle of Elite STFs that are fubar. The optional is failed, and there's nanite spheres all over the map, and everyone is dying every five minutes.

Here's my question, why the hell do I keep getting put into ongoing STFs? Is there no way to turn that **** off? How about you disable it altogether? It's a waste of time!

azurianstar 12-29-2012 11:23 PM

Happened to me too a few days ago. Really torqued me off when I left (since there was only 1 person left) and got the STF penality, which locked me out of all Events (Fleet, Fleet Action, and Romulan).

Cryptic needs to add failsafes.

Personally, I would love it if they should get rid of the queues and returned to players doing events the old way - by socializing.

dm19delta 12-30-2012 08:49 PM

The queue system should definitely be addressed, but the old way where you could spend an hour sometimes trying to put together a team just plain sucked. I remember it going something like this:

Me- LFG (looking for group) Khitomer Accord.

Person 1- I'll join
(team invite sent)

Person 2- what part are you at?

Me- the beginning

Person 2- sorry, I'm at the ground portion

Me- LFG, Khitomer Accord, need three more

Person 3- I'll join, do you have vent (ventrilo)

Me- nope

Person 3- sorry, I only play with people who use vent

30 minutes later

Me- LFG, Khitomer Accord, need three more

Person 1- sorry, I'm out, <insert reason here>

Me- Well, damn......

Or it would go something like this:

Random person 1- need one more for the Cure

Me- I'll join.

Person 1- ok, what class are you?

Me- I'm a tac

Person 1- sorry, we're looking for sci

Me- :-(

I've been at a point where I looked for a group for two hours to do one STF, and back then it was not uncommon to get your ass handed to you by Khitomer Accord.

They should use a system like Star Craft where you queue up for the STF and a window shows with the PUG you are in. It has all of the other players that have already joined the group, and there is a chat bar so the players can talk amongst themselves and decide on their strategy and bring the new guys up to speed. When they are all ready to go, they click their ready buttons, and the countdown timer starts. I like STO, but the public queue system is one of the worst I've ever seen.

marc8219 12-30-2012 11:19 PM

Just got into a kase with probes at 9/10, I immediatley logged out and am browsing forum for a few minutes so I dont get locked out and fail.