Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I want drop mission "montain pass" and "web access" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501571)

lordhook 12-31-2012 11:44 AM

I want drop mission "montain pass" and "web access"

Ok devs, new romulus is annoying but it is beatiful.

All ground missions in new romulus are annoying, tag epoch is terrible annoying (reward is ok but is annoying)!

The mission "romulus montain pass" appeared in my task list and to do it, I first need to get another quest in montain pass (it sound a bit stupid, get another mission to do the first mission or do not?). After some time another mission appeared in my task list, web access, and I need the "codes" from montain pass to complet it. Why I can not drop it? I will not do these missions!

I am not big fan of ground missions. All missions on the ground looks the same to me. The missions in new romulus are worst because they not have episodes (like klingon, romulan mystery, breen invasion,etc.) and all ground missions are time wast to grind the new and anoying marks.

starkaos 12-31-2012 01:22 PM

Those are cutscene missions so you can ignore them if you don't want to watch them. Someone might even put them on youtube. The Web Access mission requires picking up a mission in the Paehoss Crater. The Tier 4 cutscene mission doesn't require going into an instance, but the Tier 5 cutscene which gives 750 Romulan Marks and 32,000 dilithium ore requires going to the Underground ruins teleport pad and picking up a mission that unlocks at Tier 4. You need to equip your team in EV suits which can be purchased through the dilithium store for 100 dilithium each. You can skip the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cutscene missions, but the Tier 5 cutscene mission is too valuable to skip.

bugspatteredjack 12-31-2012 01:27 PM

Actually you can get EV suits for FREE if you replay some of the DS9 missions. Just collect as many as you need and put them into the bank until its play time.

I am not the biggest fan of the whole New Romulus mission set up thus far but I thought that was because I am level 50 and hence I am not entitled to standard missions anymore? Are there actual missions for anyone under level 50 like the one's mentioned by starkaos?

I wish there was more missions for lvl 50 players. Happy New Years btw!

lordhook 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7302941)
Those are cutscene missions so you can ignore them if you don't want to watch them. Someone might even put them on youtube. The Web Access mission requires picking up a mission in the Paehoss Crater. The Tier 4 cutscene mission doesn't require going into an instance, but the Tier 5 cutscene which gives 750 Romulan Marks and 32,000 dilithium ore requires going to the Underground ruins teleport pad and picking up a mission that unlocks at Tier 4. You need to equip your team in EV suits which can be purchased through the dilithium store for 100 dilithium each. You can skip the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cutscene missions, but the Tier 5 cutscene mission is too valuable to skip.

Yes, Tier 5 mission is realy valuable, but I realy want drop the other missions from my task list.

Happy new year! (in my time zone I need wait more 4 hours and 25 min for the new year!)

hereticknight085 12-31-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordhook (Post 7303161)
Yes, Tier 5 mission is realy valuable, but I realy want drop the other missions from my task list.

Happy new year! (in my time zone I need wait more 4 hours and 25 min for the new year!)

Or you can just ignore them? It's not that hard. I have about a dozen missions sitting on my "In Progress" list that I am blatantly and outright ignoring.

starkaos 12-31-2012 03:35 PM

I don't think we can drop them since there is no way to obtain them again in case someone changes their mind.

drake122svk 12-31-2012 05:47 PM

I went to New Romulus today (my first and also last visit on that wretched ugly rock of a planet) just to get rid of these "missions". Picked the Overgrown caves and Mountain Base quests to get in, then ran past everything in my way, I couldn't be bothered to kill a hundred Romulans, Tholians or whatever for just 10 Marks, and lastly clicked the recordings and beamed out. Clean work.

If those stupid missions on New Romulus at least gave a decent amount of Marks, but no, they all give 5-10! What a waste of time...

woodwhity 12-31-2012 09:03 PM

Well, its the story progression the devs wanted us to be happy with, not the rewards. And I find the story really interesting.

lordhook 01-01-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwhity (Post 7307431)
Well, its the story progression the devs wanted us to be happy with, not the rewards. And I find the story really interesting.

Are you serious? Stories are romulan mystery, klingon,etc! Some cutscenes are not story.

captainrevo1 01-01-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordhook (Post 7310261)
Are you serious? Stories are romulan mystery, klingon,etc! Some cutscenes are not story.

Of course a cut scene can be a story. it depicts characters talking to each other about current events that reveal information, characters and situations you did not know before.