Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   the Federation needs more security doff missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501661)

age03 12-31-2012 12:46 PM

the Federation needs more security doff missions

The Feds needs more sucurity doff missions as I only get 1 or 2 on my KDF I got lots of thme in espionage.

hereticknight085 12-31-2012 02:56 PM

Why do you need more espionage missions? That was the first one I maxed on my fed side. It was actually easy as hell once you get a few DOffs with resolve. That opens up the ability to do the Interrogation Resistance Programs, the Telepathic Resistance Training. And even before you could do that you had Interrogate Prisoner, Uncover Intelligence Leak, and all the Infiltration missions. You also had Instigate Defection, and a bunch of other 400+ espionage EXP missions.

Fed side is fine on Espionage missions. Granted compared to KDF they are lacking, but if you think about it, you have 43 levels to get your CXP up on the fed side, while you only have 28 on the KDF side. So naturally they give you more options as KDF. They gotta keep up somehow.

age03 01-03-2013 05:51 PM

It is not fine as I never get any maybe 1 or 2 .It is not like my KDF char as they get lots.

This is meant for devs and why is it you are always the one to reply.

dma1986 01-03-2013 08:23 PM

Wandered in expecting thread along the lines of "x Star Trek game has lots of security missions. Why doesn't STO?"

Left disappointed :(

:P

nicha0 01-04-2013 05:59 AM

But hereticknight085 is right, espionage is one of the first three you are going to hit 100k xp in, military and development tend to be slightly easier to get more xp. The real problems are the lack of trade and recruitment xp, and a disturbing lack of variation on exploration missions with any xp.

bluegeek 01-04-2013 08:34 AM

Moved Thread

This thread has been moved to the Duty Officer System subforum

hereticknight085 01-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by age03 (Post 7346381)
It is not fine as I never get any maybe 1 or 2 .It is not like my KDF char as they get lots.

This is meant for devs and why is it you are always the one to reply.

Um... did you even read my post? I told you all the effective espionage missions. And they are usually under your military and security tab. And there are plenty of espionage missions. The easiest and most common ones are the "Infiltrate Orion Syndicate" which can be easily done with 2 whites, and then all the resolve missions like "Interrogation Resistance Program" and "Telepathic Resistance Program". Both are VERY common. And then you have "Uncover Intelligence Leak", another common 20 hour one that can get you prisoners, and then a personal favorite of mine, "Debrief Prisoner", which is VERY easy to accomplish, and if you crit gets you contraband. So that's 5 commonly found ones. To say nothing of the plethora of others I no doubt can't remember at this point in time, or cannot be bothered to care since I got it maxed in under 3 weeks (and by maxed, I mean hit the 150k cap).

I don't think you're looking hard enough for those missions. If you just hop out into sector space and expect all of them to be waiting for you, you're doing it wrong. And if you want a good set of espionage, I would recommend the Eta Eridani Sector block and the Cardassian Sector blocks. Those always have good ones.

age03 01-04-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 7356861)
Um... did you even read my post? I told you all the effective espionage missions. And they are usually under your military and security tab. And there are plenty of espionage missions. The easiest and most common ones are the "Infiltrate Orion Syndicate" which can be easily done with 2 whites, and then all the resolve missions like "Interrogation Resistance Program" and "Telepathic Resistance Program". Both are VERY common. And then you have "Uncover Intelligence Leak", another common 20 hour one that can get you prisoners, and then a personal favorite of mine, "Debrief Prisoner", which is VERY easy to accomplish, and if you crit gets you contraband. So that's 5 commonly found ones. To say nothing of the plethora of others I no doubt can't remember at this point in time, or cannot be bothered to care since I got it maxed in under 3 weeks (and by maxed, I mean hit the 150k cap).

I don't think you're looking hard enough for those missions. If you just hop out into sector space and expect all of them to be waiting for you, you're doing it wrong. And if you want a good set of espionage, I would recommend the Eta Eridani Sector block and the Cardassian Sector blocks. Those always have good ones.

Yes.I did and mine are under tactical not sucurity except for 1 which I can't do as of the red dots in it.what I ma saying is there lots of security mission for the KDF compared to the Feds.It doesn't have to just espionage.

hereticknight085 01-04-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by age03 (Post 7360041)
Yes.I did and mine are under tactical not sucurity except for 1 which I can't do as of the red dots in it.what I ma saying is there lots of security mission for the KDF compared to the Feds.It doesn't have to just espionage.

Except for the fact that security missions give you espionage exp?

What you are asking for is unnecessary, since there are already a lot of espionage/security missions on the fed side. You just gotta look harder.

Hint: the majority of them like to hang out in Cardassian/Federation space. Also a few in Eta Eridani.

And in actuality, if you look on the wiki for available missions and count the number of KDF espionage missions as opposed to Fed Espionage missions, you will see they are pretty dang close in number (only about 3 or 4 difference tops).

supergirl1611 01-16-2013 01:52 AM

security, espionage and development are the easiest ones to the get. Colonial, Recruitment and diplomacy are the most differcult. esp recruitment and colonial