Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PVP Call Out. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=502901)

aquitaine985 01-02-2013 01:34 AM

PVP Call Out.

To get straight to the point, we need more PVPers in Lag Industries.

We're a PVE fleet going through the motions to be PVP associated, and we're struggling to get a base number of players together to garner a premade with which to challenge other fleets. With older fleets disappearing and newer ones becoming more prominent, LAG's struggling to pick up any established talent that appears before it's sucked up into another fleet.

We have maybe 8 consistent players that PVP on a daily basis, but few are able to stand up to other players on an equal basis. We lack the abilities to make a good premade and several players willing to do so.

Are there any as yet unspoken for players within the community that would like to make there home here? Our TS & website is active, we have T3 Science, T3 Engineering, T4 Military and nearly T4 star base as a whole. We're hardly the best place in the world to put down roots, but there are much worse.

We're also looking for anyone who'd be willing to share a few pointers on making a premade.

Feel free to hop on TS, the site or mail me.

devorasx 01-02-2013 02:54 AM

Good luck! :)

voxlagind 01-02-2013 03:57 AM

I've been in Lag Industries for over a year now, wanted to shed some more light on what the fleet is about. The best way to describe the fleet is "organized casual with skill". Our player base tends to trend towards more mature players in their 20's (or 30's, in my case). Our mentality is that, if someone finds the time to log in and wants to do something, we strive to ensure that there are people ready to participate who know what they're doing. The leadership is active and present, and is constantly working to ensure there is a structure within the fleet to inspire growth while encouraging players to do what they enjoy.

The idea is that people aren't forced to do something they don't like to do. There are plenty of people in the fleet that enjoy what others do not, and come together as a whole to provide the fleet with what it needs.

We all started as a group of strangers who have become good friends, and our demeanor and tones reflect that on teamspeak and in game chat. We have no interest in constant negativity, dramatics, talking behind people backs, or rudeness. We're older and more mature players who live our lives outside of STO, and we have no patience for those that would seek to test it while we play.

If you've been looking for a place to land where you can play with skilled players in many aspects of the game, Lag Industries offers that. If you're looking to enjoy conversation with adults, Lag Industries offers that too. If someone isn't a fantastic player and wants to be, we're always offering to take apprentices. So long as we can tolerate a person's attitude, they'll be welcomed in our fleet.

drudgy 01-02-2013 07:36 AM

I feel your pain as well. My fleet the Divine Protectorate has been struggling just to find quality people who are dedicated to the fleet as a whole, let alone set up a solid premade for PVP. We're almost to T4 on our starbase so it's ever so hard to let go of that much work.

I have been having some pretty good success picking up good groups in OPVP, but sometimes there aren't people who are interested in joining the pugmade.

Best of luck trying to get people in the fleet. If you ever need someone to fill a spot and i'm on don't hesitate to shoot me a team invite. I've got an Engineer and Sci that are pretty decked for PVP and could certainly help fill in if needed. My @ handle is @kahn.

webdeath 01-02-2013 08:06 AM

Hmm... Sorry to hear that you've been struggling. :(

wolfpack12c 01-02-2013 09:04 AM

Do what I've been doing for my fleet train them up to it. It takes time but its better in the end mainly because you have people that work with your ablitys better

edalgo 01-02-2013 01:21 PM

I may have a solution for you. My fleet is part of an alliance that includes 5 other fleets. We share a TS and a private chat channel and often invite players from other fleets to join us in STFs or PvP. This way we keep our sovereignty but have instant access to additional players to avoid pug groups.

If this is something you might be interested in please feel free to contact me in game or email.