Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Priority One Walkthrough Supplemental (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=503311)

pwebranflakes 01-02-2013 01:01 PM

Priority One Walkthrough Supplemental

In a supplemental episode of Priority One, Game Designer Jesse Heinig stops by to talk about the Feature Episodes, as well as provide a video and audio walkthrough of the Breen episode, "Cold Case".

Link to the video interview.

Link to the audio interview.

meurik 01-02-2013 03:05 PM

Would love to see every episode in the game, remastered with a short audio intro. Something like;

"Captains log, supplemental."
"We have received a distress call from the Deferi homeworld. Starfleet has ordered our ship to move in, and investigate, and if necessary, provide assistance."

Just a short intro of what the player could possibly expect, and gives the proper "episodic" feel to the missions. Hell, you could even mix it up a bit by including a Stardate in the intro, based on whatever time period you see fit. Early Starfleet missions would be set in 2409, later missions potentially in 2410 etc.

Obviously you would have to make an audio intro specific for the KDF missions as well.

psycoticvulcan 01-02-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meurik (Post 7327971)
Would love to see every episode in the game, remastered with a short audio intro. Something like;

"We have received a distress call from the Deferi homeworld. Starfleet has ordered our ship to move in, and investigate, and if necessary, provide assistance."

Just a short intro of what the player could possibly expect, and gives the proper "episodic" feel to the missions. Hell, you could even mix it up a bit by including a Stardate in the intro, based on whatever time period you see fit. Early Starfleet missions would be set in 2409, later missions potentially in 2410 etc.

Obviously you would have to make an audio intro specific for the KDF missions as well.

What happens when that audio intro doesn't match the voice of whatever character is playing it?

thay8472 01-02-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

"Go to hell" << The breen have enough ships to help them.

meurik 01-02-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan (Post 7328271)
What happens when that audio intro doesn't match the voice of whatever character is playing it?

Well, I don't see the problem since your character doesn't HAVE a voice. They removed the voice options before STO launched, and I have yet to see any hints of it being returned. I suppose you could have both Male and Female voice intros depending on the character.

lordfuzun 01-02-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meurik (Post 7328451)
Well, I don't see the problem since your character doesn't HAVE a voice. They removed the voice options before STO launched, and I have yet to see any hints of it being returned. I suppose you could have both Male and Female voice intros depending on the character.

It's was Bridge Officers which has the voices not your character.