Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why Is there no Cloaking console @ T5 Romulan Rep? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=503641)

born2bwild1 01-02-2013 07:40 PM

Why Is there no Cloaking console @ T5 Romulan Rep?

You think our new Romulan friends - being pretty weak - in need of the Fed's help would offer up some of their cloaking tech?

Maybe Cryptic should add a "Romulan Cloaking Console" to tier 5 in the rep system.

I would certainly put out the 500 marks and 25k dilthium for that item. Heck even 50k dilthium! Maybe even more!

Plus, for KDF players it would give all those people with non-klingon ships like the Guramba and Kar'fi the chance to have a cloaking device as well.

Cryptic would certainly get a lot more mileage out of the Romulan content with maybe 200,000+ alts that are not now running the rep system - suddenly start getting used.

lostusthorn 01-02-2013 07:45 PM

If you want a cloak as fed, get a defiant refit or a gal-x. Or play KDF.
If the rom repu hands out a cloaking console, what is the net demand? Romulan ships?
And after that? The potential Romulan faction is so fleeced out that there is no point anymore in creating it.

thratch1 01-02-2013 07:49 PM

Only if they add the Ablative Generator console to Tier 5 Omega Force rep, for all ships.

born2bwild1 01-02-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostusthorn (Post 7330331)
If you want a cloak as fed, get a defiant refit or a gal-x. Or play KDF.
If the rom repu hands out a cloaking console, what is the net demand? Romulan ships?
And after that? The potential Romulan faction is so fleeced out that there is no point anymore in creating it.

Point 1)I play KDF - 3 Main toons

Point 2)I have a Defiant

Point 3)Not holding my breathe for any Romualn faction - it would be a year away at least.

Now as far as story goes - exchanging tech for help is usually done - fed's are putting in a lot of help to the Romulans and facing a lot of Romulan Enemys - giving the Fed's a cloak just like they did with the defiant would be a no-brainer.

There is enough story laid out with the new Romulan Gov't to easily put this in.

Botton line for Cryptic is 100k players running the rep system for this console X how may alts?

born2bwild1 01-02-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 7330371)
Only if they add the Ablative Generator console to Tier 5 Omega Force rep, for all ships.

That makes sense to - as Ablative armor would natually be fitted on all ships at the shipyard. Heck Voy added it while out in space!

I thing cryptic taking the time to add the Cloaking and Ablative animation to all Fed ships would get almost all players and all Alts running the Rep system to the end

= huge amount of people replaying existing content for just that Dev animation time!

That's a heck of a lot of player hours extra for that Dev time.

centersolace 01-02-2013 08:06 PM

Why do people keep asking to take away the things that make my ship unique? :(

born2bwild1 01-02-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centersolace (Post 7330501)
Why do people keep asking to take away the things that make my ship unique? :(

What the Intrepid? Have her too, but as a sci ship she was made obsolete by the Vesta.

I play the KDF and would play Romulan if it ever came out. The KDF does not really have a valid case on the Cloak anymore because almost everyone is asking for the Romulan and obviously they will have Cloaks on their ships - or is the KDF going to say they can't have cloaks so the KDF remains unique? So then we have 2 ingame factions with a cloak and 1 without? that's kind of silly.

And in the case of a Tier 5 Romulan Cloaking console - the KDF will still have an advantage because the cloak will take up a Fed console slot - while the KDF keeps the Cloak innate - and don't have to waste a slot.

centersolace 01-02-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born2bwild1 (Post 7330791)
What the Intrepid? Have her too, but as a sci ship she was made obsolete by the Vesta.

I play the KDF and would play Romulan if it ever came out. The KDF does not really have a valid case on the Cloak anymore because almost everyone is asking for the Romulan and obviously they will have Cloaks on their ships - or is the KDF going to say they can't have cloaks so the KDF remains unique? So then we have 2 ingame factions with a cloak and 1 without? that's kind of silly.

And in the case of a Tier 5 Romulan Cloaking console - the KDF will still have an advantage because the cloak will take up a Fed console slot - while the KDF keeps the Cloak innate - and don't have to waste a slot.

No, the Galaxy-X. Right now there are two ships that have stolen my phaser lance, and everyone keeps asking for my cloak. :(

bitemepwe 01-02-2013 08:54 PM

So this another "How can the feds scam Cloaking past thier own giving word" thread?

born2bwild1 01-02-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 7330961)
So this another "How can the feds scam Cloaking past thier own giving word" thread?

Roach - happy new year to you!!

It's a game - how about the Fed's only change their word as many times as Cryptic has? Would that be o.k?

One way or another - Romulan Rep Cloaking console or Romulan Faction - a second faction with all ships having cloaking is coming - so who cares anymore?

Personally I would prefer them to Give the Fed's a Cloak and finish off the KDF before rolling out a new faction.

And lower the B'rel to T3 or T4 shipyard please - tier 5 for me is still 6 months away!!!