Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   FINALLY..a bug was fixed in Ker'rat! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=503651)

webdeath 01-02-2013 08:46 PM

FINALLY..a bug was fixed in Ker'rat!

This bug that was fixed was a silly one.. But the bug that they fixed was:

Ker'rat now has its Walls, Ceiling, and Floor.

No more flying off past the Edge of the map and into "Blue" space.

No more hiding from the reset.

I'd have to say, as much as I'll miss this little "Glitch"..I'm glad they fixed SOMETHING there! :D

Good Job.. only took 2+ years.. but good job. :)

travelingmaster 01-02-2013 10:59 PM

It's. . .it's a miracle. They fixed something in Ker'rat!

aquitaine985 01-02-2013 11:52 PM

I never knew such a bug existed, but the fact it was fixed at all, and related to Kerrat is awesome lol.

That said, I don't see how a Dev could look at Kerrat ago go "Yep, I see the main problem here, Magic Space!" Fixed it, but not look into any of the other ones? It seems more likely it was fixed in relation to something else elsewhere in the game. Sort of a broken fix?

webdeath 01-03-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquitaine985 (Post 7332121)
I never knew such a bug existed, but the fact it was fixed at all, and related to Kerrat is awesome lol.

That said, I don't see how a Dev could look at Kerrat ago go "Yep, I see the main problem here, Magic Space!" Fixed it, but not look into any of the other ones? It seems more likely it was fixed in relation to something else elsewhere in the game. Sort of a broken fix?

I think the Fix might have been belonging to a different department then usual, which was why it got fixed. Or maybe they noticed a Flag not turned on properly and fixed it. Or something to do with the Borders.

What ever the reason, I am glad they fixed that. Helps make it at least feel less Closed Beta, and more Open Beta buggy. :P

sophlogimo 01-03-2013 01:42 AM

Of all things, why that? It was one of the coolest features of the map.

webdeath 01-03-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophlogimo (Post 7332801)
Of all things, why that? It was one of the coolest features of the map.

Probably because it was the easiest to fix first. :rolleyes:

havam 01-03-2013 09:21 AM

I m sure that this was an unintended effect, caused by changes to the lobi store in Winter Wonderland.

Cryptic Devs have a contractual obligation never to touch Kerrat . DStahl still has a nuke-it button, which he touches in the lone hours in the office,behind closed curtains it is rumored.

webdeath 01-03-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havam (Post 7337081)
I m sure that this was an unintended effect, caused by changes to the lobi store in Winter Wonderland.

Cryptic Devs have a contractual obligation never to touch Kerrat . DStahl still has a nuke-it button, which he touches in the lone hours in the office,behind closed curtains it is rumored.

It also could have been Taco related. lol

maicake716 01-03-2013 09:56 AM

now if only they fixed the "borg stuck in thing and stil shoots you but you cant shoot back" bug....

radkip 01-03-2013 12:39 PM

If the distracting stretchy warpy cubes are still there, I'm going to be sad.