Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   bacon (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=504071)

carmenara 01-03-2013 08:11 AM

bacon
 
Health is irrelevant. Fat is irrelevant. Your tasteless chicken and droll organic material will be added to our awesomeness. Become one with the Bacon. Resistance is futile.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Star Trek had one of the bad guy empires as a bacon-worshipping cult? LOL :D

marcusdkane 01-03-2013 08:32 AM

I wonder if replicated bacon would be kosher...

bortjinx 01-03-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusdkane (Post 7337281)
I wonder if replicated bacon would be kosher...

There is not enough faces nor enough palms to facepalm this comment enough...

Marcus, you should be ashamed of yourself :P

marcusdkane 01-03-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bortjinx (Post 7337531)
There is not enough faces nor enough palms to facepalm this comment enough...

Marcus, you should be ashamed of yourself :P

Ashamed?? I need to know if I could order a ham, pepperoni and sausage sandwich from a replicator and keep kosher :D

bortjinx 01-03-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusdkane (Post 7337641)
Ashamed?? I need to know if I could order a ham, pepperoni and sausage sandwich from a replicator and keep kosher :D

Hmmm... it'll not be replicated, but now I know what I'm having for tea tonight... Thanks :D

altechachan 01-03-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bortjinx (Post 7337531)
There is not enough faces nor enough palms to facepalm this comment enough...

Marcus, you should be ashamed of yourself :P

Better yet, would a vegetarian/vegan be able to eat replicated bacon? Technically it is matter dematerialized and rematerialized in another form. So bacon from a replicator could come from solely plants not animals.

I might be confusing the definition of "vegetarian" but using replicators to make food changes diet restrictions that are based upon what the food is made from.

marcusdkane 01-03-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bortjinx (Post 7337671)
Hmmm... it'll not be replicated, but now I know what I'm having for tea tonight... Thanks :D

Any time :D Don't forget a little ketchup, or even a cheese slice for that added extra :cool:

cookiecrook 01-03-2013 08:47 AM

I think I'd prefer it from the local Klingon Targ meat market, sliced thick and hickory smoked. :D

bortjinx 01-03-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusdkane (Post 7337771)
Any time :D Don't forget a little ketchup, or even a cheese slice for that added extra :cool:

Might add an egg or two for good measure :)

I suppose replicated bacon couldn't be classed as meat, but do you not think in Star Trek's utopian society all the vegetarians and associated offshoots have been wiped out by now?

marcusdkane 01-03-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altechachan (Post 7337741)
Better yet, would a vegetarian/vegan be able to eat replicated bacon? Technically it is matter dematerialized and rematerialized in another form. So bacon from a replicator could come from solely plants not animals.

I might be confusing the definition of "vegetarian" but using replicators to make food changes diet restrictions that are based upon what the food is made from.

This is my thinking also, as the meat is not coming from an animal :) Of course, those who prefer the textures and flavors of a vegetarian diet to meat might still continue to make such selections :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.