Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   What makes a mission qualify for the Investigate Officer Reports? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=504301)

fudgeoflife 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

What makes a mission qualify for the Investigate Officer Reports?

Well, what does? Please this will really help :).

quintaris 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

The average amount of time for people playing through it has to be over 15 minutes.

captainhunter1 01-03-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quintaris (Post 7341041)
The average amount of time for people playing through it has to be over 15 minutes.

And it has to have something like 25-30 playthroughs (of at least 15 minutes each) before it counts as well.

zorbane 01-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhunter1 (Post 7342521)
And it has to have something like 25-30 playthroughs (of at least 15 minutes each) before it counts as well.

It only needs 5. However there's currently a bug where missions that shoudl be qualifying for the repeatable are not.

captainhunter1 01-03-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorbane (Post 7344271)
It only needs 5. However there's currently a bug where missions that shoudl be qualifying for the repeatable are not.

Isn't the 5 mission mark just to get a mission out of 'review' status?

I can swear I have seen many missions that finally make it out of the 'reviewer' area, and then go on to the normal missions list, sit there until somewhere around 25-30 playthroughs before the nasty, evil, red text of mission non-qualifying doom finally goes away.

This is a bug? I thought this was "Working As Intended". :confused:

gulberat 01-03-2013 09:49 PM

The problem is that author speed play-throughs are counted against the average play time, and it often takes a HUGE number of plays to overcome this. This is a BIG problem because it means authors cannot test their own missions post-publication without shooting themselves in the foot and possibly consigning their missions to oblivion.

jnohd 01-04-2013 06:18 AM

Based on my experiments, time and valid pathing between the player and the objectives are both required components the system checks for, and the only ones required. Plus some number of playthroughs, but that is only to determine the average playthrough time.

If valid pathing is the only issue, removing whatever obstructs the path between player and objective instantly validates the mission. This is why a mission like the infamous Feds on Fire does not completely block the path between the player and the enemy NPC kill objectives. Recreating it with fully blocking invisible or visible walls between the player and the NPCs invalidates it.

I agree that publisher playthroughs post-publish will hurt your average, and since this is the only way to test some aspects of your mission - like pathing (or else NPCs drop through or despawn) - it would be nice to get a pre-publish function where we are able to test privately without the mission counting for anything, without loot drops, and without pre-publish runs counting against the average.

nenfis 01-06-2013 07:57 AM

I hope they fix this problem soon, because it gives me the feeling that if they like the system a few the rest we have to endure.

Do not want to be mean, but I hope not to have to connect to Twitter from someone to publish my missions normally.

A greeting.

diogene0 01-07-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorbane (Post 7344271)

It may not be a bug, since I noticed that if you edit your mission, you'll need 5 new plays to make it qualify again for the repetable mission.

timelord79 01-08-2013 01:20 AM

I can imagine implementing 2 publishing states.
One where the author uploads it pretty much like it is now, but no one BUT the author can see it yet and playthroughs don't count and no rewards are given for playing it.
Once the author is satisfied he can open it up for review.