Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   STF Bonus marks not received if dead (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505641)

ruinsfate 01-04-2013 09:05 PM

STF Bonus marks not received if dead

This has now happened to me in both CSE and ISE, and to my flatmate and several fleet members, I assume it's a general bug in the system - if you complete the optional, but are dead when the bonus 15 marks are handed out, you do not receive them.

Fix this, it is extremely irritating.

collegepark2151 01-04-2013 09:38 PM

I got zero omega marks in the last two stf's I ran. No bonus, no base marks, nothing.

leaderoftheq 01-05-2013 08:17 AM

I've had this happen also, for the record. It seems like if you are dead (waiting to respawn) when the STF finishes, you don't get the bonus marks for getting the optional. This is at least the case for me in ISE.

sollvax 01-05-2013 09:17 AM

This is working as intended

AFKers wind up Dead
and get no marks
(lead a borg onto them and let them die)

thlaylierah 01-05-2013 12:28 PM

It's always a tossup how many marks I get, either 75 or 95.

The BNP's are even wilder.

I've gotten 1, 6 and 15 BNP's from Infected. :eek:

xelkhas 01-05-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 7364331)

AFKers wind up Dead
and get no marks

You may die e.g. from the one hit wonder gate or the cube just before its finished off ... so if this should be intended, its a bad joke.

sollvax 01-05-2013 03:06 PM

Active players RARELY die from borg

xelkhas 01-05-2013 03:17 PM

Like you said - RARELY, but it may happen.

vykorprime 01-05-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 7364331)

AFKers wind up Dead
and get no marks

Sorry, I don't see your name listed on the Dev Tracker. Your opinion is irrelevant, so stop clogging up bug reports with random nonsense.

For the people with actual source code access, this appears to be an edge case when the player dies within some window of when the optional award is triggered. It is most apparent on ISE, since the Tac Cube tends to explode violently and take out whoever was tanking it at close range. However, the same tends to apply in other STFs, albeit less likely to trigger since it's less likely one would die at the exact same time as end of level triggers.

hsvuqardwst 01-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 7366991)
Active players RARELY die from borg

Your comment doesn't make sense, and your intention doesn't seem honorable.

It IS programmed in the game that borg cube will actually sought out idle player (leech) and destroy them (saw it happen yesterday). However, active players could die a lot of times (7 times on someone flying a 2500 zen destroyer today).